For You, I’ll Dress up in a Lie - Ch. 35

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jun 19, 2020
Messages
311
... Man, that teacher was disgusting. Like, woaw, let me do some victim blaming here.

... Tho there is an interesting parallele with the mom.

Teach won’t allow ''him'' to dress like a girl when ''he's a boy'' forcing his view onto a poor lost soul... while Mom is progressive... to a fault, enforcing the ''smile more'' tactic onto her teen because to her "Girls don't fight back openly". It's kinda funny because in the car, while MC wants some Karaage after getting bullied by an asshole, Mom says "Mushroom stew", again ignoring her own child.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it. I do like to overanalyze
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Oct 27, 2019
Messages
669
... Man, that teacher was disgusting. Like, woaw, let me do some victim blaming here.

... Tho there is an interesting parallele with the mom.

Teach won’t allow ''him'' to dress like a girl when ''he's a boy'' forcing his view onto a poor lost soul... while Mom is progressive... to a fault, enforcing the ''smile more'' tactic onto her teen because to her "Girls don't fight back openly". It's kinda funny because in the car, while MC wants some Karaage after getting bullied by an asshole, Mom says "Mushroom stew", again ignoring her own child.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it. I do like to overanalyze
I see it as the reverse. If Yuzu wants to continue dressing as a girl, she'll need to learn the tactics to manage in society. Being confrontational is clearly not the way to achieve the outcome of convincing that teacher; the mom knows the path to her win con and presents an example to Yuzu.
Idk about the mushroom stew. Maybe she already had the ingredients prepared and would be wasting it if she switched to karaage. Overanalyzing would say that’s a lesson in how you can’t always get what you want.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Mar 23, 2023
Messages
3,771
I see it as the reverse. If Yuzu wants to continue dressing as a girl, she'll need to learn the tactics to manage in society. Being confrontational is clearly not the way to achieve the outcome of convincing that teacher; the mom knows the path to her win con and presents an example to Yuzu.
Idk about the mushroom stew. Maybe she already had the ingredients prepared and would be wasting it if she switched to karaage. Overanalyzing would say that’s a lesson in how you can’t always get what you want.
Yeah, Mom played him like a fiddle
 
Double-page supporter
Joined
Feb 6, 2024
Messages
82
I think the "I want karaage" / "no, we're having mushroom stew" is just a cute moment.

Also: I'm curious as to what Japanese mushroom stew is like.

Anyway, thank you for your continuing work on translation this series!
 
Last edited:
Group Leader
Joined
Jan 8, 2023
Messages
18
I think the "I want karaage" / "no, were having mushroom stew" is just a cute moment.

Also: I'm curious as to what Japanese mushroom stew is like.

Anyway, thank you for your continuing work on translation this series!
Yeah I just read it as a cute moment.
And thank you!
 
Double-page supporter
Joined
Jan 14, 2024
Messages
34
Kind of delicious how even with the main antagonist out of the way, there is still quite some hardship. Yes please give me the angst.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top