Four Years Apart - Ch. 19

Double-page supporter
Why do all the Korean Manhwas that are based on college life contain this stupid-ass "freshman party" where the older male students are desperately trying to take advantage of new women students, have them drunk and take them to who knows where to have their way with them in any sense a good plot? It's the most idiotic plot device possible for this kind of a story. Especially since the older women, who obviously have been in a similar party before (since apparently that's a yearly thing) and have experienced the same don't even try to warn the new girls about these cunts. What kind of a shitty, unrealistic piece of garbage plot is this?

@siikalahna i think they include it bc its actually pretty common in college. Its sad but it just shows the shit we girls gotta deal with out there irl

I think for korean culture in particular these team party things are deeply embedded into their culture. Good or not.

@randompocky plus its a great way to show villains, or rather an easy way to do it without having to work hard to create a villain youre gonna throw away soon anyway.

@siikalahna like what Pocky said, it’s really common and there’s also the unfortunate chance of being stigmatized for refusing to go, especially if it’s hosted by someone elder/invited. Lots of my coworkers during their college day in jp and kr ended up drunk sick and had to be carried home due to the pressure of going to drinking parties 😣

Is the new sunbae Kang's penpal or something—the one Kang's always on the phone with? That's my guess, because both just got back from America and we've yet to see who the other person on the phone is. Thanks for the update, btw!!

In reality, it is rather sad this relation to age that Asian culture has for women. As if the epitome of a woman's life was in high school and then everything was only decreasing, in a lot of history the female character considers herself old while she is only at the end of the twenty. I would even say that it is rather creepy ...

UGH, I got second male lead syndrome.
I mean I like Kang, but the Oppa, he feels like a better fit for Irae. Kang and she have so many misunderstandings, and I keep on getting this vibe that Kang has his own relationships back overseas, especially with this mysterious person he keeps on calling. I know that Kang and Irae will probably end up together, but I really want the Oppa to end up with her.

right, let's officially start the ship battles! mature and kind vs cute puppy, which one is your choice?

Users who are viewing this thread