Freak Island

I've read em all till ch.93, honestly i like the premise of the story, kinda reminds me of good ol' 80s 90s corny horror movies. Although tbh with the tags of Sekusu Violence and Smut, i was hoping for some good "action" like in Ingoshima, but there was literally zero Smut so idk why this was tagged smut and sexual violence in the first place.

I was quite taken by surprised by the amount of 'maggots' scenes in the last 5 chapters or something, so be warned if you're disgusted by them (there was also some at the first 10 chapters i believe).

Overall, it's not really that bad imo. If you're a fan of good ol' corny horror movies with shitty characters that always screamed "Aaa!!!" whenever they saw something, then you could probably enjoy this one.

Freak Island is now 118 chapters now and it got a new spin-off called Freak Island In love anyone want to translated them?

Freak Island is getting an anime short on november 18
https://twitter.com/hokazonomasaya/status/1315315064535040000/photo/1

I tried to read till 93 chapters and still confused .. I can't even understand anything here .. It's just weird ? Maybe it's just not my type since still so many readers think this was good ...

So at 25 chapters in, I wanted to say that this is more like a remake than a sequel to Offal Island. But after 34, I just don't know anymore.

@WeebAsian offal island was always a prequel to freak island dude
Alice from the prequel shows up around volumes 15 and 16

i liked it until it stopped being horror and more of just a black comedy (not helped by translations.) went from an 8.5 down to 5 or a 6. im a huge fan of black comedy movies, texas chaknsaw massacre 2 is probably one of my favorite movies of all time, but it just isnt the same.

i started to feel dread and genuine investment in the story and it just tuned to "lets see what 'funny' translation is next and skip every other page."

@BenignRaccoon: Chillock does that and also did you read the prequel? Like I am waiting for the rest of the chapters cuz this series is very long compared to the author's other works.

Decent reading. Nothing here is really all the new or innovative, but It does have some charm. The hack, slash and gore was pretty good too.
Mari is my number one horror waifu

https://mangadex.org/title/60978/freak-island-in-love

There is a new Freak island Spin off called Freak island in Love a romantic comedy slice of life au.

Welp, by the end of chapter 2 I already want all of the characters to die. I'll keep reading and hope it gets better.

Users who are viewing this thread