Free Life of a Leisurely Otherworldly Person – I’m Not a Hero, So I’ll Do Whatever I Want - Ch. 5 - Pitiful Goddess-Sama

Dex-chan lover
she's the one they call on for summoning and they have been throwing a bunch of other demands at her, running her ragged. I don't think she's far away removed enough for that to be the case. It's more like they see her as a doormat.

My understanding from this chapter was that only the one country knew she could summon people, which is why they've been hunting down and killing any people that escaped with skills.

But honestly the whole story is a goddamn mess, because when I went back to check chapter 1 I was reminded that the whole conceit is that she's supposed to be a "newborn" goddess but also the creator of the world, and now we've got other deities (or demigods?) and it's just making my head hurt.

Dex-chan lover
Page 4. . .

"As a sorry for for what happened to you"

You can you use "apology" instead of "sorry"

God-chan's character isn't as endearing as intended and her backstory doesn't make sense... I hope she shows up less :/

Dex-chan lover
I've spent all day trying to work this out, but frankly this translation is too rough for me to make a lot of sense of it. As best I can tell:

1) Formialuka (sp?) is the Creator, but inexperienced at running a world
2) There are other deities in the world; "goddesses" are mentioned and one addresses is shown addressing Formialuka as Senpai
3) The deities are powered by belief/worship, and can lose strength (and perhaps vanish) if they don't have enough worshippers
4) Formialuka, as the Creator, can't lose all of her strength if she's no longer worshiped, but she can be weakened and outclassed by other deities
5) Baros is the first hero, who gained a lot of worship by defeating the Demon King. This led him to become arrogant and greedy, and he's been stealing skills that Formialuka gave otherworlders in order to increase his own power
6) It is really damn unclear just what Baros is. I can't parse whether he's ascended to being a god after death, is some kind of living demi-god, or something else entirely
7) No matter what he is, the worship of Baros has made him powerful enough that Formialuka is unable to just strip him of his powers

As for why Baros is too powerful for Formialuka to deal with, it seems that worship of Baros is widespread (particularly in asshole kingdoms like Teyran) due to being a former Hero, but the common people have forgotten Formialuka.

Obviously some people still know she exists, namely otherworlders who've met her, certain nobles (like the king of Teyran), and the priests/sages/wizards/whatever who do the summoning, but I'd be willing to bet that they don't actually worship her and just push her around since she's such a softy.

At least that's the best I can make out of this mess.

Dex-chan lover
These "Gods" seem a bit like postmodern Monarchies; they fade away as they are seen to be without use, leaving only the those that are most violent or most useful/needed.
I guess they're just like the Gods in our world... except real. :lul:

Well, if theyre going to tell the capital, I guess we have the build-up to being taken/kidnapped/requisitioned by the kingdom; likely followed by either discovery of the kingdom either being "nice," or by the village all standing up for Shin and saying how much they care (with an especially tearjerking scene featuring either Til or daddy issues... er... father figure), and perhaps him leaving.

Pretty sure Powell/Paul is going to replace Bowman/Bauman when the dust settles, but we'll see if it's actually somehow being done for his "benefit."

Dex-chan lover
I mid tier ship him and the goddess together. Idk it just seems like a cute pairing

I can't tell if the manga is bad or if it's just the translation making it seem like it.

Users who are viewing this thread