From Leveling Up the Hero to Leveling Up a Nation - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
gonna say this again, because people keep going with the censor, making it sound as if the group is doing it on purpose, thats how the raws are, censored, if you want it uncensored buy them the volumes and pass them the raws for it or something (or translate it yourself), these are some parts of the raws from the マンガUP! app where this get published, in case someone is doubting here and here , here another and another

it wasn't this bad until this chapter, there was like 1 chapter before this with some censorship on that female knight (chapter 6), but in the chapter where this one girl showed up before it was all fine, i suppose the publisher started pressuring about this (or they skipped/missed it lol)

Dex-chan lover
Ok, the publisher must burn in hell for this crap. To ruin the author's work so much, seriously, fuck them.

Thank you for the release, but I will wait for some uncensored version to read, because I just can't read it like this.

Yep, I agree with most saying the publisher will really suffer long-term in the future with their take on censorship..
For starters, maybe we'll start avoiding their future publish with our disappointment with the current??

@tseng I feel sorry for the author and artist then x.O; that kind of obscene censorship will remove interest in their work, which is otherwise unblemished. Interest equates to views which equates to sales, not just for the original work but for the publisher, which will allow them to continue getting paid for their product. Shounen Jump would be a good example, if they had huge black blobs like that in just 1 of their manga it would effect the sales of their entire monthly; instead of removing the blobs they'd cancel the offending manga. This is the same, whoever is providing the raws in such a condition will have to revoke the manga as a whole rather than alter their views on censorship. If the translators paid for raws it'd be even worse since any donations from that work would immediately stop. Authors and artists alike have always despised censorship for this reason.

Dex-chan lover
@ReficuLSolbaiD welcome to digital via app only published manga era (or website sometimes, cuz they don't have a physical magazine, is all digital), this kind of censorship is not only for this one manga or publisher app, like i mentioned before in a different comment, most manga are censored to some degree in most of these apps, some are more retarded with the censorship like this one (well it really get worse if the character are actually nudes and go at it, cuz is just black bars or white fog thing) to going and use white points or fog kind of to cover some parts or a whole area (it looks like that part was erased instead), like pocket.shonenmagazine do in app or website, some other apps do this same kind of censorship even if there is no nudes, but for suggestive poses instead, it just change how bad and extreme the censorship get applied in each app or website

And well マンガUP! is still one of the apps where alot of the isekai/light novel adaptation/fantasy power trip or any manga of this type get published, and despite them being censored, those manga are still always on top in the app, either because the novel they get adapted from is actually popular or because they get popular by default if is not an adaptation (reason sometimes groups just wait for volumes to be released, and do that instead of ripping off these apps, or they never work on them beside like 1 chapter), only ones that don't really get censored, are old manga that get republished cuz they are already done and just upload from the volume i think (some manga get uploaded to their other site, ganganonline, but that usually take forever to update since they upload volume raws i think at a snail pace), but censorship is not really applied if it first start in ganganonline and then get uploaded to the マンガUP! app

And like i mentioned before in another comment, these apps usually have a "free" currency that you can obtain just by using the app daily, watch some ad and you get it or do specific things (think of them like "missions"), while yeah you can purchase the currency too, for the most part is free, unless is a app that lock chapter behind a pay only currency and have a "free" currency too, and you don't even buy the chapter, you just rent it for 72 hours, or keep it if you actually paid for it

And because マンガUP! and ganganonline have a collab contract with GA bunko (light novel label), manga adaptation of light novels under that label, always gonna end up there, so there is nothing they can really do, since it probably don't even affect them on sales as much as you would think

@tseng I don't mind the ray of light or fog covering up nude parts; that's standard censorship that usually artists will do purposefully just so the piece doesn't get the MA tag. This time, however, the fact that a girl is wearing what is basically a thong constituted covering up her entire ass -.- If the world was in a more stable state, it would be the type of thing that could get the site protested in its entirety. If the manga was digital media only, finding a new publisher or starting up a new publication company would not be that difficult. (a new publication company would need to find an already popular author to work with, then make a "competition" looking for "new talent" along with about 400k for a safe start up)

Dex-chan lover
Dude what the F is up with the black bar when last time she showed up there wasn't any

Double-page supporter
I was really liking this but that fucking censorship.....someone REALLY needs to DIE for this.

Aggregator gang
Where i am there are censorship laws too. But normally they'd just slap in like a leggings highlight/tone rather than slapping a big block of black bar box across the panel. I guess its much less effort but damn

Users who are viewing this thread