From Overshadowed to Overpowered: Second Reincarnation of a Talentless Sage - Vol. 2 Ch. 5.7

I'm not defending the terrible writing but by this point anyone reading Rebirth/VRMMO/Isekai should know that quality writing is rare as fck, people getting triggered by slavery and beta MCs should know that it's what sells and it won't change unless you're willing to read Mangua and Manwha and those are bad on their own traits.

Japan didn't have that much slavery culture and that explain why they don't demonize it as much as the rest of the world and since it's a easy way to get the plot moving in terms of companions it becomes an ideal trope for these genres where the MC is usually alone.

Look at any romance Manga the FL is always a childhood friend a classmate or a work colleague, they don't interact on sight with anyone outside of the regular social circle because that's way harder to write and move on, on a new world if you get isekaied alone then a quick way to force the plot is a slave otherwise you end up with "in another world with a smartphone" where the people around force the girls into Touya life.

Chinese writing goes like this "I'm the big shit now you're my woman" and Korean is a mix of both but they end up leaning on the pre-set "romantic interest" being introduced by others.

Nobles are a easy way to get a villain or a convenient ally without developing the character since others can dump the exposition and the MC won't get involved with it until it becomes a direct problem or a crime by omission scenario like this one appears.

Usually on these works we are supposed to put ourselves on the MC shoes to have a power trip and they won't go out of their way to change things since some people will get disconnected by that, neutral choices are what keep the MC relatable and some changes come with consequences that the average reader can't deal with.

Fed-Kun's army
Romance flag like every other but I can't deny that this one is good

Dex-chan lover
And then he just leaves? Why would that scum follow his directives if he's not there to enforce it?

Fed-Kun's army
Okay it's all well and good that he killed the orc and scared the shit out of the noble but why the fuck would the noble release the slave and turn himself in just because he said so if he's gonna run off? At least stick around and be a witness for his "felony". Stupid.

Did nobody notice the cat girl that said the "burnt to a crisp" orc looks delicious?

Double-page supporter
Random old man understood better than the so called sage

He wants to be the strongest sorcerer but don't want to stand out. What? I like the concept but the ecchi is not neccessary and the edginess is not cool enough.

Old guy is the magic lord calling it. It may be since he's old but it is a possibility

For one of the strongest sorcerers in history he was unable to realise the weakness of that lvl 4 spell....

Dex-chan lover
So... MC really believes that a scumbag who would let people die would intentionally turn himself in and free his sex slave just cause he said so? Even when he is not there? What BS... he would be able to kill everyone there with his skills to silent them and then keep the slave. WTF.

Double-page supporter
I doubt a noble would get in trouble for sacrificing a few dozen peasants to protect themself

I know some people may think I am a jerk but that "stupid" noble bought that girl using his "own money". Even if you are the hero,you should know that you don't have the authority to force someone who bought something LEGALLY. I said legally because most isekai that have slavery topic usually have it as a legal thing . That noble did try to murder all of them but blackmailing him just because you want that girl seems kinda sus bro. The mc now look like cliche retard mc who thinks that if you save a girl or any damsel in distress,you are the hero. And WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU HIDE YOUR MAGIC? THAT IS SO CLICHE AND EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE "MATURE",YOU ACT LIKE A KID AND THOUGHT "nO yOU ArE nOT suPPosEd to dO tHat!??!?" at something that doesn't supposed to do any concern to you

Users who are viewing this thread