Front Mission - Dog Life & Dog Style - Vol. 10 Ch. 85 - STYLE:8 - Epilogue (Japan Today) Part One

Well the reporter is the pain in the ass...

But dunno man... I don't know what reaction and what my think if some behind the scene of war leaked in public...

Dex-chan lover
So long as there are major conflicts around, "media" creeps like Inuzuka will always turn up around them. It's the staple of this series; journalists acting like "meddling kids" who can wreak more damage than a bunch of robot-riding army men could.

tbh he deserves it, he was in the military bases messing around and influencing operations.

if he had just been phantoming around mysteriously capturing footage, that would be totally different.

I'm just happy for the poor citizens who can finally have their city rebuilt 😰

"We've come this far, so let's all live to put this island behind us. I want... to share a drink with everyone once this is over."

One chapter more. Thank you @DecentSP, for bringing this wonderful series to the finish line!

Double-page supporter
And then Front Mission 3 event started . Spoiler alert: USN still a dick. So does OCU.

@hatsuka. No, this is the middle point of Front Mission First playthrough OCU side. The peace announcement came in the middle of battle of OCU vs USN remnants.

Aggregator gang
@hatsuka The main character from FM3 is not even born yet, it will start in 20 years after this moment. In term of timeline, FM3 is the last story among other main title.

Dex-chan lover
That's the thing with Front Mission, there are not good guys. Everything is in the grey, you may empathize with the heroes group from each game, but as you progress the story you realize their side of the conflict is as rotten as the enemy side.

Double-page supporter
@humbleoverlord
Noo, FM5 event started ten or twenty years after FM3. You can see Adult Emma Cameo in FM5. You can even fight Kazuki and Ryogo in 5.

Aggregator gang
OSU: Deploys soldiers to fight in conflict

Japan: Oh hey I'm also in OSU I guess I'll send some too

Other OSU countries: JAPAN IS TOO MILITARISTIC!

Lol wtf?

Dex-chan lover
@commandodude
I think the main complaint was that the soldiers were essentially JSDF or failed entrants and that the mercenary route was some conspiracy for Japan to send in JSDF soldiers into an offensive operation

Dex-chan lover
@hatsuka

No, FM5 events concludes after FM3 events. FM5 events started around this 2nd Huffman war started.

FM3 events still take quite a time ahead, around 20-years more in 2112.

Addendum:
Also, i find the protest denouncing Japanese military expedition and concern about militarism is darkly hilarious considering events in FM 2 and ultimately FM3.
Probably this political crisis helped fueling some resent among JSDF officers that culminates in 2112.

Double-page supporter
That's what i said 😅, FM5 event after FM3. So FM3 wasn't the last FM according the timeline.

And yeah, when i said after event of this manga doesn't immediately. It takes few decades before FM3 started. Sorry my english wasn't perfect.

Double-page supporter
Silly that the protests are about Japan sending mercenaries and not that those mercenaries massacred a village.

Also, why is the Japanese government responsible for private citizens choosing to work as mercenaries? Obviously there is reason to suspect that that "loophole" could be abused, but in this case the government in fact did not send this mercenary group (as far as we know).

Also, people keep saying "there are no heroes", "it's all grey", "war is hell", etc, but fact is that the author of this manga really went overboard in painting the USN as the "bad guys" (even calling them "genocidal" for attacking a convoy of soldiers, what?). Meanwhile, OCU got off lightly, with a few isolated assholes. What's more, the OCU mercenaries were framed as practically standard heroes in the last arc, despite massacring a village.

Users who are viewing this thread