Fuguushoku "Kanteishi" ga Jitsu wa Saikyou Datta: Naraku de Kitaeta Saikyou no "Shingan" de Musou suru - Vol. 2 Ch. 9.2 - What You Want to Do (2)

Dex-chan lover
I see alot of comments saying best revenge? What are you talking about this is terrible. This also leads to someone who could once again "sacrifice" a teammate to get out of a situation. This is some seriously stupid writing.
It doesn't matter that his actions caused him to meet the 2 girls cause (both) party members used the MC for bait and blocked the passageway behind them and now we know came back and proclaimed "He sacrificed himself so we could escape" while reaping alot of items and free stuff for his/her misdeeds. Absolutely the worse revenge payoff I've ever seen in any series so far.

Dex-chan lover
To all of you saying how this is horrible revenge and a failure to teach him a lesson, you're overlooking something: This guy has already been taught a lesson. He just lost the respect of all the people around him, and on top of that those people had already started beating on him physically before the MC intervened. These were in direct response to his misdeeds being revealed, which sends a very unambiguous message to him about wrongdoing.
The MC intervening like he did serves to sow kindness instead of grudges. In an ideal world, this will lead to Zoid turning over a new leaf and rebuilding the trust of those around him while living as a better person. Realistically, that's probably a bit optimistic. However, the fact that the wronged party, the MC, never lifted a finger to harm him beyond simply revealing the truth, and even stepped in to protect him from harm when things began to get physical, will help divert any sort of burgeoning resentment he has away from the MC. Combine that with how much the MC's expression of gratitude visibly unsettled Zoid, and it's unlikely that he'll ever try to cause the MC problems later on even if he doesn't actually reform or change his ways.
The MC has effectively punished Zoid and scared him off without ever having to put forth any effort and without making any kind of spectacle of things, all while paying kindness forward into the world, which suits the MC just fine since he has the strength to back up that kindness.

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly would rather this happen then the guy be some stupid reoccurring character who gets away for like 20 30 chapters

Dex-chan lover
MC did the ultimate flex and didn't even need to dirty his hands for that. Also as the commenter above said: the dude is already getting his comeuppance within the guild and MCs face and aura tells the evil dude everything he needs to know: this time he walk away unscathed AND there won't be a next time.

Also I'm glad MC didn't turn into a edgy shit like some isekai MCs and decided to spread kindness, goes to show the good effects of having a best girl like Yuri by his side and a good mother in law as Ursula.

But his kindness isn't a dumb one, it's a dangerous one like Baki or Kenshiro when they meets weaker fighters:
"You're no match for me, you'll never be a match for me, and that's a fact, but don't worry I won't hurt you "little girl" and for your own sake you'd better accept my kindness, or then..."

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
I really don't think that bastard should've been spared, at least take him to the authorities to be arrested. JFC.

Dex-chan lover
gaaaaaaaaaay
why do isekai authors have a hard on for the "forgiveness" bullshit
yay, a terrible person got away with what he did with no consequences, well done mr hero

Dex-chan lover
gaaaaaaaaaay
why do isekai authors have a hard on for the "forgiveness" bullshit
yay, a terrible person got away with what he did with no consequences, well done mr hero
If by "no consequences" you mean "no consequences other than the irrecoverable destruction of his reputation, and a physical beatdown by the other tavern guests", then sure.
Remember: Consequences don't always have to be delivered at the hands of the party who was wronged. They can also be delivered by the societal framework that both parties live in. In this case, that societal framework is the culture of adventuring, and those consequences are the damages to Zoid's status and reputation. Nobody's gonna want to work with that party anymore, since they think they'll be left to die if they do. Hell, they may even get refused for quests or w/e on the grounds of failing to truthfully report results (they did it once to cover their asses, who's to say they won't do it again). Similarly, if Zoid ever tries to claim that a party member was lost in a heroic sacrifice, not a single soul will believe him without evidence on the level of a trustworthy, unbiased eyewitness who saw the whole thing. They're especially not gonna let him reap any of the benefits or rewards that would usually come with being the surviving party members of said "heroic sacrifice".

If the MC got his hands dirty trying to punish Zoid beyond that, it'd only be detrimental to the MC. It won't make him any happier, and it won't really change the outcome very much, and on top of that he'd then have to deal with whatever emotional baggage comes with it.
Instead, he has his little catharsis here where he makes his peace with it all, extends something of an olive branch bc it costs him nothing to do so (and it makes him feel better about things), and then goes on his way while leaving Zoid to wallow in the hole he dug for himself.

Users who are viewing this thread