Fukakai na Boku no Subete o - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

yeah she's kinda not great as a person but woof, that chapter hurt and I totally get where she's coming from now. Plus, by interacting with more of the guys at the cafe (as well as probably becoming the transgirl's GF), she'll learn to co-exist with men more easily.

Double-page supporter
So this "genderless" dude became unsure of how to feel about his own gender because of his upbringing?
That's fucked up.

Dex-chan lover
I can understand some of her "man hate" now, but sheesh she should definitely try and seek a better way to manage her emotions, though I understand it can be hard for someone whose in the closet like her. I guess she's less of a hate able character now.

@smolbaka

"Did something happen in her early life (that we don't know of yet) that caused this fear of men?

Knowing your best friend looks like a girl but is in reality a male couldve made her feelings more confused.

Like she's lying to herself because deep down she does like him but since he's not the fitting image of what a boy should be it'll be weird to admit she has a thing for girly boys.
Plus the fact he doesn't even understand his own feelings of his body which adds to her confusion."

I think you misread something somewhere. Kotone is a closeted lesbian, and she quietly grew resentful of men because of that. Her current mood is because of guilt and frustration at not being able to love Mogumo regardless of gender (she deep down thinks of Mogumo as a male), not being able to accept Mogumo's gender identity (nonbinary - neither female nor male), and being born a lesbian (and the fear she'll be forever alone because of that).

She absolutely does not like girly boys. She doesn't differentiate between them and other guys. As a matter of fact, she seems to be a little disgusted with them. She's a girly girl who likes girly girls.

Dex-chan lover
I assume Koto doesn't hate men because she hates men, per say, so much as because she's expected to like them. If it weren't for that expectation, men would basically be irrelevant to her world and she wouldn't mind them so much.

That's my take, at least.

e: The fact that the girl she was into went out with a guy probably didn't help.

Aggregator gang
From what I saw in the chapter it's not that something happened to her that was caused by boys and that is why she hates them, I mean she went to the wedding when she was a kid and directly said she wanted a bride instead of being it. I think this is more like what the scientific explanation for why people are homosexuals or identify themselves as the opposite gender of their bodies says. According to it there might have been some sort of unnatural mutation in their brain that makes them think like that or something like that. Now about her hate for men my guess is it's not acutually directed at them but at herself for not being normal but without her knowing it and so she thinks of it as hate of men because her body rejects interacting with or touching them.

Aggregator gang
I always hate this type of character. The female who's a lesbian who is allowed to sow discourse through everyone's relationships in the story, then suddenly we have a chapter specifically for her that dumps exposition on us and tries to make us feel bad for her. I've never seen this character done well.

Dex-chan lover
Sheesh. Someone get this girl some counseling. At this rate she'll end up in a spiral. But at least she recognizes her faults

She's less hateable, but this chapter felt kind of awkwardly done? Here's hoping Koto goes somewhere with full-on growth!

Aggregator gang
Yep, of course, every character has to have good morals in EVERY novel EVER. I mean some people could you know to act rude because they enjoy it... What am I even saying XD.

Dex-chan lover
@Pancakeza sure, but...that wouldn't be interesting, normally, unless done right

ahhhh, this chapter tho
Risa you monsterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr at least she's an ally doe -.-
i knew she'd have an interesting backstory
hoping it gets better from here

Aggregator gang
@elefantine97, Err.... sorry mate I forgot what exactly happened in the chapter 😅.

From what I can remember the antagonist in this particular had some random good side to him or her... Yeah, I don't even remember the gender of the antagonist... I don't remember at all. It has been 4 months wadda you expect.

Dex-chan lover
And how does that justify her being a horrible person towards the MC? Why does she hate boys? Why is she so scared of them? None of them did a single thing to her ever. This is why I hate the "lesbian despises men" trope that manga loves to do so much. We had a gay boy who saw his crush being stolen away too, but he never acted like an asshole or was violent towards girls. These kind of chapters don't really work as a proper representation of marginalized people at all. According to this manga, lesbians are just mentally ill who would hurt and bully innocent people for no reason and cannot function around 50% of the world.

Fed-Kun's army
@Darklight99 I agree.

But hey, in both "The maiden and the maiden boy" and "the boy who cried wolf tells another lie" the character that has a fear of men is given a logical backstory, and the story does focus on them working to overcome their fear.

Users who are viewing this thread