Fukakai na Boku no Subete o - Vol. 4 Ch. 22

@smolbaka

"Make believe"

Not believing in reality doesn't make it not so. Like if I could not believe in transphobes and they'd poof out of reality that would be pretty cool and all but its not gonna just happen.

Just like you not believing in nonbinary people isnt going to make them poof out of reality either. They exist and that's reality.

Better to accept reality instead of being scared by it. Nothing to fear about people with different identities.

---

Also imagine reading a series literally telling you this is about nonbinary and trans people in the first chapter, and literally telling you to accept it by the literal title of the series, and continuing to read it thinking its "make believe". The mental gymnastic transphobes do would be impressive if it wasnt so gross and hateful.

How in the world can someone be 22 chapters into this series and post shit like Mogumo's identity being "make believe"

Are you the densest motherfucker in the world or what?

Well if he was my friend a would accept it, I can call it however he want, but if he was a stranger how I supposed to know how to call him?

That's fair but once you know you should be at least respectful. In a RL situation asking politely if unsure when meeting someone of their identity is usually a good way to go about it. Most people will appreciate it when being respectful when asking.

But since the story and character tells you explicitly that Mogu is nonbinary/Mei is a transgirl then there really is no secret or confusion in this case.

@bobbybiracial

Did you miss the chapters showing she is being mentally and emotionally abused by her sexist father?

Still shocks me people expect an emotionally abused, suicidal, bulimic 12 year old to be the paragon of mature choices...

Dex-chan lover
@bobbybiracial She's a young kid going through a really messed up home life. Their family is pretty messed up if they end up 2 for 2 in suicidal children especially for their ages.

Can't expect people to have compassion for imaginary characters, but at least realize from a story perspective she's not just some randomly unhinged girl.

Banned
@Pedrub1k

I'm the same way. Although i believe most of the time when pronouns are used it's usually when said person is absent from the conversation.

Imo it's kinda dumb. Much like how using they/them constantly in a situation like that for a singular person.

God these children need some hugs and love. Maybe some therapy. And then lots more hugs.
I’m guessing Mogu isn’t dead but they’re certainly going to need medical care of some sort. I’m a bit worried about their friends, and Tetsu most of all exploding on Sakura or something out of fear and worry if it’s really serious and blaming her. Considering how much trauma and how many issues she’s having, she’ll really be willing to commit suicide even if that whole scene scared her. That would just overload her emotionally I think.
I’ve come to really appreciate Sakura’s character. She’s a girl coming into contact with a harsh world and cruel reality at such a young age and being exposed to such things can really mess you up even if you don’t fully understand it. As she got older and started learning more, her family was simply falling apart around her and the sibling she loved so much escaped the situation, which I’m guessing she knows was probably for the best, yet left her alone with the horrible situation which got worse when they left. So, Sakura’s has to grow up in this home, wanting her sibling who has left her alone, and afraid/unwilling to blame her parents (the dad is really to blame, the mother just seems more openly traumatized but there’s no real indication to what her full view on Mogu is), she blames Mogu since they left her alone and essentially abandoned her with issues she doesn’t know how to deal with and problems she can’t cope with.
I hope that after this ordeal, Mogumo either confronts their parents or takes Sakura in and the crew tries to help her or get her taken to therapy or something. I feel like actually having family with them would help Mogu in some ways. Mogu could try to help Sakura understand their side of the story and explain to her more about their world and stuff.

Dex-chan lover
@PanicTears but at the same time, because she decides to act upon others, it is no longer personal mental problem. Now it's with everyone else now. Even if she had bad ways of thinking, she had a choice of saying yes or no. If she really thought it through it wouldn't had had happened

hiiii.. i was looking for lgbt manga and came across this. i got intrigued because the summary said mc is a nonbinary,, i felt happy to see nonbinary representation but there seems to be a huge argument..? is this manga good? should i read it?

I just read the whole thing. What's with the cliffhanger? I really hope the next release will come fast.
I was happy to see that Sakura was willing to eat, anorexia is very sad. Don't starve yourself, people. I hope Mogu-chan is ok

@EnderWin
she had a choice of saying yes or no
In going against her father? Not really. You can't just expect every middle schooler to be strong willed enough to go against an abusive parent. Not to mention she has the pressure of holding their household together (cooking, cleaning, comforting the mom,...)

Users who are viewing this thread