Fukushuu o Koinegau Saikyou Yuusha wa, Yami no Chikara de Senmetsu Musou Suru

Aggregator gang
Now this is the kind of edgy revenge story I can get behind. Nidome no Yuusha is fucking stupid, where is the gratification of the revenge when the betrayed MC goes back in time where his enemies have no idea why this insane psychopath is killing them? Fuck that, THIS is how you do a revenge story. where scum know what they did and get what they deserve.

@bastek66
As far as volume 1 goes, anyone remotely decent in the story was killed before the hero died.

Only scum is left and the hero knows it, enjoy the edge.

This might be odd but I don't like the guy having the same generic dark face as the people he is killing. There is something about his gentle smile while he is doing such gratifying revenge that I find much more appealing. I'd say a good revenge tale is when you keep yourself intact but go this far in your revenge. Any thoughts on this?

"Don't forget to read the canon teaser that comes before this chapter (7.1)!"

okay, where is it then? lol

Dex-chan lover
@BraveHeartedHero nah. Or at least, that's not the revenge this story ever seems to be about. You're talking about "I'm here to reclaim my family's honor" or "this is for all the people you've hurt" kind of revenge. This story is and has been about "do to them what they did to me." The former is a journey to gain back what was lost and ultimately finding closure. The latter is about inflicting pain. And because of that it means that from the beginning, the mc has lost who they were (if they didn't start out as sadists).

I understand what you're saying, but what you pointed out is exactly what this kind of story is about. The difference between the mc and the people he is getting revenge on is who did it first. (Obviously there are other differences, but it's supposed to be a blurry line.)

Is there a Light Novel? They usually have some of the details left out of the Manga. I did a search on www.novelupdates.com and found nothing.

EDIT:

Ok, there is one, but it does not seem anyone is translating it, and the web novel has been taken down by the author.

https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/the-hero-who-seeks-revenge-shall-exterminate-with-darkness.84657/

Double-page supporter
Extremely edgy but not edgy for the sake of edginess, though it is somewhat edgy for the sake of edginess. It’s not overtly edgy, but edginess is edginess, and edgy it is, edgy is edgy. I edgy can definitely edgy day it’s edgy, the edginess is edgy. Edgy, edgy edgy edgy, edgy edgy.

Power Uploader
@zStella
We weren't sure whether upload it because it's just a 2-page teaser & not an actual chapter.
Anyway, I uploaded it now.

My end guess is that the hero will end up blaming the goddess of love for all the issues. That world is a complete projection of how messed up that goddess is.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah that world is certainly bad shit insane... I wonder whos fault it is.

I guess the hero is the most "sane" one in this story.

Probably an entertaining read for people with persecution complexes. Let's get real though. Between getting revenge for atrocities commited against you or moving on and living in paradise with a kinky goddess, I know which one I would pick.

Dex-chan lover
Somehow these extreme revenge/edge fantasy stories sound even more identical to each other, based on the description, than the usual isekai stock. And the isekai stock is commonly so heavily copy-paste that it can even generate memes.

@Kaarme I couldn't agree more with you. They are bland, dumb and poorly written. It somehow makes isekai high-literature in comparison.

@Gamenot
it would be quite retarded to blame since the people were the one who are evil she didn't create them necessarily evil but they chose themselves to be so
there are also some nice people like his sister since she is a native of this world

Users who are viewing this thread