Full Stealth Camouflage Little Matchstick Girl - Oneshot

Contributor
This is not the story I remember.

wJlBATz.gif

Contributor
To quote a beleaguered ghost-attracting JK forced to work with a completely-uninterested-in-normal-woman sexorcist, "What the actual fuck."

Dex-chan lover
So she died in exactly the same way as the black haired girl in the first panel. How contrived.

Dex-chan lover
@stardustscream she literally collapsed dead in the street with a gunshot wound in her belly, with her stealth failing from not being able to consciously put it up. And the story ended at that point. I think it is fair to say that she is definitely dead.

@feha I really don't want to explain the story for you but as I said, read it again.
She never achieved "Full Camouflage", someone saw her and she's going to get help. "Not good enough... I need to sell more matches."
It's a metaphor, trying to disappear completely and never be found again but, uncharacteristic of Jiro Matsumoto, the story ends with hope. People still care and people came and helped a stranger in need. The original fairytale also had an element of neglect, the little girl dies because of the uncaring world that never saw her, she was invisible.

Dex-chan lover
@StardustScream nah, the camera had panned away by the time she said the last part about matches, which is another indication of a character passing away. Most likely it was meant to be her dying regret instead. Besides, you don't survive that kind of wound that easily (unless you get aid quickly), and as I mentioned before, the whole wrapping a story such that the end equals the start is a common literary technique, which means she has to die for the end to equal the start (where we saw a black haired corpse).

She also stated she was under full stealth earlier, so only reason for it to falter would be for her to already be a corpse, just as it didnt falter until then for the black haired girl.

@feha
I would ask you to explain this dying regret and what it means but I'm not interested in pointless discussion, you see, there's a big difference between "I need to do x" and "I wish I had done more of x", you feel me? It's quite amazing that you think she achieved "full camouflage" just because she said it, can't be that a character can believe something that's not true... anything said by a character is obviously fact, the literary technique of taking everything literally. I also love your "realism" take on this wound you carefully inspected... actually made me smile.
There is no magic in this story, the black haired girl(the one from Hans Christian Andersen's tale, if you will) dies because she's just a poor street person selling something nobody wants to buy and then the main character hallucinates her. Jiro Matsumoto characters are almost always insane.

my remaining braincells trying to figure out what just happened o_0

I don't understand, what's the connection between the black haired girl and our main girl?

Dex-chan lover
Excellent job with this one!
The mangaka sure has a thing for girls associating with violence

The drawing wasn't centered on every page but I don't think the raws were that bad maybe if I read it on pc I would see it but on the tablet it looked fine. I know this author from Freesia maybe I should check more of his stuff out he is very good. Happy for your new recruit and looking forward to more releases from this scan group!

Dex-chan lover
"Full Stealth Camouflage Little Matchstick Girl" man what a lie, she never got Full Stealth Camouflage!!!

Users who are viewing this thread