Furuya-sensei wa An-chan no Mono

jak

Contributor
Pretty good first chapter. I really hope that awful girl who used him doesn't come back again. She can be with her weakling piece of shit boyfriend.

The summary is terribly misleading. The main lead saw the proposal, but was the waitress. So high school girl sees a guy who proposes to a friend after what he thought were 4 years of dating. He is rejected since his crush has a boyfriend. The guy cries and the girl leaves thinking kind of poorly of him. He becomes the homeroom teacher for her class the next day. The girl falls in love with him etc. etc.

The girl that he proposed to didn't use him. She honestly thought they were just friends. He never kissed her in 4 years of his courtship. He must also have never asked her about their romantic relationship. He decided that a platonic relationship was romantic without communicating that to the other person. I know that Japan has a different culture for physical intimacy but he is absurd. His example of dates is only going to movies and enjoying each others company. He didn't mention anything else that implies he showed a romantic interest. I wonder how valentines happened, since they have the whole love/friend/obligation chocolate stuff.

I just find it really shady on the girl's part for hanging out with the guy for 4 long years without bringing up anything about having a boyfriend. Who does that? And her boyfriend doesn't even hang out once with them over the course of 4 years of them spending time with just the two of them (like in that cute little cafe)... It just reeks of taking advantage of the dude's money/attention to have some fun on her part.

That's just shady as all hell regardless of how delusional the male lead is with his relationship with the girl.

Aggregator gang
Yeah a first glance the girl that dumped him seems nice but she was laughing along with her boyfriend at first and she even had the nerve to go on dates with him, I don't know, even though the author and the male lead are trying to make her out to be kind I still think she's a bitch and the female lead is way better

AthalosJ, I think the old girlfriend was considerate, but only up to a point. People can easily become insensitive to people whom no longer matter in their life. I think she was trying to indulge her boyfriend's humor and meant no ill will. The female lead presently seems better.

Commenting on whether or not the lady was using him - probably. If you have a significant other, such as her boyfriend, there’s no way you wouldn’t think - ‘hmm, maybe I should tell my boyfriend so that there’s no misunderstandings’. Especially because of the way he acted - he doesn’t seem like the type to be casual about her hanging out with another guy. And with how callously she brushed him off, despite being considerate enough to lend her notes to him in college? Yeah, she probably knew that he at least had developed some sort of attachment to her, but she ignored it in favor of having some fun.

Low-key loving the mc- not your typical shoujo mc and a little problematic but I'm excited to see more of her.

EDIT: I've changed my opinion in a newer post, but thought I should leave this comment that reads as follows:

I'm pretty disappointed in the summary. My expectations were not met lol. It's a pretty bland shoujo with similar elements to those "forbidden love" stories. Not a terrible read, but if you're like me and wanted to see something as exciting as death after a proposal, you won't be finding it here.

Group Leader
This is very sweet, and I like it.

@punkeybird Honestly, from my point of view, any shoujo manga that includes an MC that is taking an active role in the plot can't be called "bland". In most trash shoujo I've read, the MC is a girl-shaped void that only exists for the reader to project herself into; having those as my litmus test for blandness, I can't agree with you.

@Random_Passer-by I took you opinion into account and reread the story, and I have to admit it was better the second time around. I mistakenly generalized this manga as "bland" because of my own personal dislike towards the overdone Sensei love stories. Looking past that I acknowledge how some might find it to be a decent shoujo. Personally, it's not my cup of tea, but I shouldn't have discouraged other readers when it was not a content issue.

Ank

Double-page supporter
At the start, its interesting. Unfortunately it becomes completely dumb midway.

Users who are viewing this thread