Fushigi no Kuni no Bird - Vol. 6 Ch. 27 - Juumonji

Dex-chan lover
Tsundere paper maker lady for character of the year.
But no, seriously, mad props to the author for always managing to make characters that, while they don't speak directly, have such strong personalities regardless.

Dex-chan lover
What a lovely chapter! Paper quality really does make all the difference.... and after so much of Ms. Bird being treated delicately, I really enjoy someone telling here to go ahead and have a go at something she's interested in.

I wonder if they'll keep the sheet of paper she made...? Sort of a novelty.

Group Leader
@ROOKIE866 It's because of Miss Bird. No one's ever seen a foreigner before in that rural town so they're all gawping at her. But Isabella is so used to it anymore she doesn't even care.

Fed-Kun's army
I loved this chapter despite it being an original, check out Japanese papermaking on youtube its super interesting to watch too.

Dex-chan lover
As foor wood paper it's not as much that there's acid used in the making, as it is that there's lignin naturally in the wood. And this oxidizes, yellowing and brittling the paper.
So to get durable paper one has to actively remove the lignin (creating "acid-free" paper), but this seems to have become commonplace in the 1950:s at the earliest.
(Before that one would still use non-wood paper for things intended to pass the test of time.)

Users who are viewing this thread