Futari Ashita mo Sorenari ni - Vol. 5 Ch. 78 - To Wear What You Want

Dex-chan lover
Aaaaaah! The expression pillow is back! I LOVE this guy!

Nevermind all those Isekai, fantasy romances I used to call "goals"...

THIS is goals :))))

@Waffley i totally understand, like btw being an overpowered protagonist with lots of beautiful women in my harem, or finding someone with whom i can be happy every day, the second choice is done pretty fast

@remiska I think that goes back to the older days when the brides wore a white kimono over red underwear for the ceremony, white signifying death to their own familiy and red rebirth into their husbands. At the reception, as means of showing off their wealth, they would wear good kimono which came with the dowry. A bride might have changed two or three times during the reception, even! For the majority, the kimonos they wore were not that elaborate, but the good kind of formal wear you can use for other important events afterwards, for the wealthy, they were elaborate and otherwise not very practical.
I think in modern times and with the decline of kimono (and dowry, for that matter) that quickly changed to renting stuff and because western weddings seem so much more romantic in comparison to japanese ones, the white wedding dress (which curiously fits the color, even though the symbolism ist totally different) and other fancy dresses, plus fake churches and ceremonies came up.

Aggregator gang
@2ND Oh sit up. English not my first language so... Thanks for the information.

Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can't wait for the next update.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, sorry to be the downer, but the whole wedding thing is just... Why spend the boatload of money it costs (most of it A DRESS you'll only wear once in your life, cause even if you divorce and re-marry you won't reuse it) in ONE day. Put it for the honeymoon. As downpayment for your home together. For your future.
But in the wedding? Ugh...

Dex-chan lover
Ngl the attire the men wear for a Japanese wedding looks way more comfy then a tuxedo

Users who are viewing this thread