Futaribeya - Vol. 8 Ch. 64

Dex-chan lover
Stop trying to make the boresome two work, Yukiko. It's just not going to happen. Hopefully, we'll get to see Shouko and Seri instead next month.
This series certainly lost a lot of its attraction since they went to college. I was looking forward to it continuing after that, but the comedy has been very uninspired or non-existent since then.
At least Yukiko is still able to write mostly unadulterated slice of life like few other mangakas. And it's nice to see Sakurako and Kasumi will be colleagues at work soon.
If only Hinako, Asura, and the others would appear more. It would definitely improve Yukiko's writing if he wrote about more rounded and interesting characters.

Aggregator gang
so everyone's getting tired of this???????

meanwhile I'm loving every second of it, every few chapters we get more hints of what the two's relationship is, and what it will be............kinda

we know that sakurako is attracted to kasumi, and that kasumi knows that, but we dont know how kasumi really feels.

like, she thinks of sakurako as more than a friend, but not as a lover, and basically sakurako is waiting for kasumi to figure out her own feelings.

look at kasumi's face in the last page, normally we'd see her "chibi" face in a moment like this, but no, we see her surprised and happy

@CatWEax Sorry I was paraphrasing (Should've clarified that) What I meant is that scene where she comments on her own desire of working in the same company as Sakurako and going out of her way to make that a reality as much as possible, which she has been told is not what "normal friends" do, this is clearly a way for the author to tell us that, to Kasumi, sakurako is: "...a Friend? More? but not Lover... maybe?"

Keep in mind she says, she's been told that, not that she thinks that, which gives leeway for her to say "I do see it as normal" but the reality of the matter is that, she's clearly into Sakurako, just unaware that she actually is.

Dex-chan lover
Yay! Another peaceful chapter of Futaribeya. With so much chaos going on IRL, I come here to relax. As such, I'm not going to read any of the arguments in the comments section.

Kasumi thinking Mother’s Day was on 8/8 is kind of ironic, because that’s Father’s Day in Taiwan (since the words for two 8’s and father sound similar in Chinese)

Power Uploader
@Tromend
Well, she says that she’s been told that “friends don’t normally find work at the same place”. Due to the “find” in there, I read that as that friends normally don’t get the chance to work at the same place. I guess it could be either because it’s hard to find an employer that offers different jobs matching whatever each of the two friends studied or simply because one one of the two might get rejected. So that line doesn’t say anything about their relationship status and I interpret Kasumi’s opinion as “I’d like us to work at the same place, but it’s unlikely to happen and we shouldn’t get our hopes up”.

Double-page supporter
Well that works out perfectly. I keep forgetting what Sakurako is majoring in though

I do wish Sakurako wouldn't be so overbearing at times like no when she applied for that company, though it is part of her charm. I heavily doubt it'll ever happen since this is a happy fluffy story but it feels like she sets herself up for things where she can be really disappointed were she to get a negative response.

I'm so happy this story doesn't have any sort of drama, wish manga like this were more common.

Users who are viewing this thread