Futoku no Guild - Vol. 4 Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
Mishelly Hit.
Mis...helly...hit.

Mis. Hit.
Miss hit.

4AdFt3z.gif

Huh, that kind of control is a little concerning... Surrendering your armaments, that I can understand, but your skills? That strikes a little too close to brainwashing and mind control to me. Of course, then there's the White Magician bit, destructive abilities are one thing, but to remove what is almost undeniably a net positive for the country seems counter intuitive. Unless... they want to maintain a monopoly?

This is worst than a certain pink heavy armor girl in s*nnen s*nsou a*gis...

@sdarkpaladin
"No need to think much about it. You'lk get used to it."

@Kaldin
Because only people who played the game will know it.
Also, I mean as a character, the author treat her worse than bear-niece's treatment from her manga author.

Dex-chan lover
@Jopari They did mentioned that white mages healing must be charged even when healing comrades because of doctors lobby.

@kwendy
That's not really the problem, whether or not they should be paid (which they should) doesn't detract from how apparently once they retire they must give up their abilities entirely. I can understand regulations, guilds, certifications that must be renewed, etc. But mandating that people who leave have to drink a potion that removes these skills entirely? Now that just strikes me as wrong. Unless I'm misinterpreting what you're trying to say.
Actually... the more I think about it the odder it feels. Does this mean that no one outside of the guilds can learn these skills, take these "jobs"? Is there some cost involved in learning it that the guild fronts or is it possible that there might be renegades out there that don't conform at all to these regulations?

Dex-chan lover
@Jopari It's all connected though. To be exact, it fits into same system if it makes my point more clear. Doctors demanding compensation from competition is just an example. There could be whole bunch interested groups never wanting for "excessively able" individuals roaming around unchecked.
I'd compare it with extreme capitalism. Or oligarchy.

Aggregator gang
I love how her and Mister have the same reaction and she naturally bent her head to his shoulders! Dam they make a good couple!!

I also love this new girl!

Dex-chan lover
This new girl might have some potential. The chestplate looked bigger in the first panel than the second, but she might still have a contents-under-pressure situation like Hana-chan. I seriously hope so.
The cast needs more than just the two busty characters.

Fed-Kun's army
Well, honestly the world building was too horrible for words right from the start, so not really expecting anything half-decent at this point when it comes to background story or logic. It's like a mishmash of modern day japan, a fantasy world and some other weird shit I can't quite put my mind on, ending up in a volatile mess of pure garbage world building.

The whole "people have to cripple their power if they change jobs to a non-combatant one" bullshit rubs me the wrong way, but not nearly as much as the idea that "even the guards can't learn more than a single damn skill from their job even though they're fully capable of learning more". Look, I get if, in this weird world, the skills equate something like weapons and don't fit into normal society where things are clearly more akin to modern japan and completely safe and peaceful. Sure. But people RISKING THEIR LIVES and with a pretty damn high mortality rate (wasn't it like 14 men and 9 women in a month and that number was normal?), fighting to protect others, these people are NOT ALLOWED to get as powerful as they can to avoid dying and better protect others? They can just pick 1 skill and be happy with that because people are scared that the power will go to their head and they'll commit massacres or something, or perhaps just abusing the power against the clearly more powerless masses?

That system is god damn idiotic, there's no way that would ever fly in any kind of world with monsters or, hell, any world at all for that matter for occupations that require these skills like guards, police, military and so on. There's also the stuff like white mages having to get paid every time they heal someone, even friends or teammates. Why the f*ck is that even a thing for GUARDS where healing is a basic necessity and should be free, or rather a part of their job and included in their monthly wage? Maybe I can reluctantly agree that it might be reasonable in the case of random civilians requiring healing having to pay, but not people fighting deadly monsters firsthand, they and everyone in their team should be exempt from that particular system, it makes zero sense.

But, as I said before, I didn't expect anything at all in world building from this manga where everything relies on 1: comedy 2: ecchi. Decent story or world building is the last thing prioritized here. While some things still manage to rub me the wrong way, I'll just look the other way and laugh at their stupid adventures instead, however artificial it feels at times. But you can be sure that if this was a novel, I would've dropped it for these flaws since a novel relies on writing, world building and story to tell everything including jokes while manga relies more on the pictures in tandem with the jokes more than story and writing, at least for a manga like this. You don't need to ruminate the bad parts for long in a manga as it moves quickly and doesn't rely much on you having to understand from the words.

Dex-chan lover
They are extremely harsh work conditions, meidena attended a white mages school, if she wants to retire she is basically burining her High school diploma.

Also, they dont have full medical insurance, they get paid per kill, favoring dangerous behaviour and the death rates are high as Enome said 17 deaths in a month in a province.

Fed-Kun's army
why would anyone go to a school of magic/etc if when you stop doing your job/class the knowledge is deleted from your mind? hell why would i want to be a guardian if i am restricted to learning one skill?

Dex-chan lover
This whole system seems designed to kill people.

You dont get paid for contributions, but for invididual kills. That just straight up would make people not take support roles as they arent getting paid for it.

It puts a focus on invidualism and makes people not form parties cause it issolates their payment.

Combine that with a high paying entry level job if you are succesful and it makes young and desperate people throw themselves to the grinder.

And worst part, they limit their strenght to just a few spells or skills.

You have to pay a fee to the guild that gives you the skills every month by the way.

If you get hurt. 10% of the healing fee is comming from your salary so that makes people not relay on healers either.

And if you retire, theres no severance pay.

Oh and if you spend your entire youth learning magic, fuck that, it gets removed as soon as you retire.

It really is just a way to make quick money till you die or get enought to make your own thing.

Dex-chan lover
That Hita-Hana squish. The competing scales of petite and busty vs huge and stacked. Glorious.

Users who are viewing this thread