Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman. - Ch. 63.2 - Twitter extra - Buying ice cream

Dex-chan lover
Bruh has so much rizz her forehead's blushing :meguupog:

UzJ6yTc.png

Aggregator gang
Laughing at a guy with a hairpin just tells people how sexist you are.

Thinking this post is dumb just tells people how sexist you are.
Thinking that anyone cares about your soapboxing about societal norms on a forum thread dedicated to discussing an unauthorized localization and rehosting of a twitter extra for a manga depicting what is ostensibly “NEET‘s first romance plot“ just tells people how dumb you are, so here, have another bonk.

Dex-chan lover
Laughing at a guy with a hairpin just tells people how sexist you are.

Thinking this post is dumb just tells people how sexist you are.
The joke isn't "that's a girl thing and therefore I am making fun of you," it's "haha, you forgot to remove your loungewear." It's no different from being called out for wearing slippers outside because you forgot to change into sneakers or loafers when you left the house.
The fact that you thought the joke was about gender norms and saw it in a negative light tells far more about you than it does the author.

Dex-chan lover
The joke isn't "that's a girl thing and therefore I am making fun of you," it's "haha, you forgot to remove your loungewear." It's no different from being called out for wearing slippers outside because you forgot to change into sneakers or loafers when you left the house.
That argument only makes sense if same joke would work on a girl as well.

Group Leader
That argument only makes sense if same joke would work on a girl as well.
If she was laughing at him just for wearing a hairpin she would've done so in the apartament.
For me it's funny to her because he forgot about it and how he looks different with his hair up, if a girl would do something similar e.g. put her hair in a messy bun with a clip and went out in public in a situation like this she might get laughed at too (and get flustered about it when pointed out), the important thing is that the laughing part isn't done with malicious intent, people flirt in different ways and that can be one of them.
Stop looking for problems where there are none, if you think that's sexist it's a you problem.

Dex-chan lover
A hastily thrown in hairclip is generally what one would call loungewear, yes.
For me it's funny to her because he forgot about it and how he looks different with his hair up, if a girl would do something similar e.g. put her hair in a messy bun with a clip and went out in public in a situation like this she might get laughed at too (and get flustered about it when pointed out),
She still has her fuzzy slippers on, and neither of them change clothes. They're both wearing loungewear anyway, so if that's the joke, it's just straight up fails. It's like the old cliché, "If I kill the Evil Big Bad, I'll be just like him!" after killing scores of minions. The context completely eradicates any and all meaning of it.

the important thing is that the laughing part isn't done with malicious intent, people flirt in different ways and that can be one of them.
Stop looking for problems where there are none, if you think that's sexist it's a you problem.
Most sexism isn't malicious. If you have a problem with me calling sexism out, that's a you problem.

Group Leader
Most sexism isn't malicious. If you have a problem with me calling sexism out, that's a you problem.
I don't have a problem with anyone calling sexism out if it is sexism, we have different thresholds of what we consider sexist.
Like I said if she was laughing at him for wearing a girls item she would've done so in the apartament but you dismissed it completely.
Public place+different appearance than usual=flustered Jirou=Akari laughing
That's my point of view.

Dex-chan lover
Like I said if she was laughing at him for wearing a girls item she would've done so in the apartament but you dismissed it completely.
Public place+different appearance than usual=flustered Jirou=Akari laughing
Because it's still only a joke because of sexism. None of the other things were called out. All that's left is the "haha, funny, he's wearing girly stuff in public", since all of the other things both of them are wearing in public that's different are apparently perfectly fine.

Depends how much of a judgemental dickhead you are.
So don't be one.

Users who are viewing this thread