Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekake-chuu - Vol. 13 Ch. 58.1 - A Sworn Friend's Teachings

Dex-chan lover
Because you're jaded, it still works for people who haven't consumed much manga. When we're still young and not knowing much we still don't know what to expect but as we read more we know more samples of similar scenes being played out and can make an educated guess about what will happen next.
I myself have been reading mangas nonstop since 8th grade, currently in junior year of college, and I still feel just as much joy as when I started. The total I've read at least partially is more than 2700, and the number completed is more than 600.

Hmm, I kinda wonder why any author would bother with that kind of cliffhanger anymore.
Might just be me, but I'm incapable of expecting anything interesting to come from it.
That’s not really the cliffhanger from the author though. The scanlating group split the chapter in two parts.

Lately we’ve been seeing a lot of these Ch.XX.1 & Ch.XX.2 which I’m not that happy about. Personally, I’m OK with longer wait for a full chapter release.

I wonder if it’s a trick to increase the ad revenue.

Dex-chan lover
It's actually quite funny that the first two cardinals were killed in meaningful battles, but then the author noticed the total number of cardinals is only seven, with two now removed, so he will run out very soon, leaving the enemy faction, Hiruku theocracy, devoid of any real opponents, aside from the skeleton pope himself. So, starting with the third cardinal, they all survive. The one in the Black Forest survived with no explanations given whatsoever, just through an asspull. The next one got saved by the pope himself, which makes sense since the pope doesn't want to lose more named underlings. He's apparently able to teleport directly to the location of any cardinal, which makes his teleportation power better than Arc's. These last two cardinals surviving is realistic as it was one ninja vs two cardinals.

Users who are viewing this thread