Gaishuu Isshoku - Vol. 5 Ch. 43 - Look At Me

Dex-chan lover
the-juice-is-loose-v0-gh17uuno93od1.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
No way she snapped to reality because of toothbrush to the nip

Mxc

I get it. I do. She was hustling to debut as a mangaka and high school romance at that. Competition is crazy in that genre, probably in top 3. But I only see a really selfish woman who lacked the talent and believed she was owed something, guessing popularity, despite opportunities being presented.

1. When she was getting her manga reviewed, she asked if it's good enough to get rookie of the year. Why not ask what is wrong, what is lacking, or what is her strong points. From what I've understood from manga industry is that rookie award is not the only way.

2. She had a boyfriend and one really loving and supportive, supposedly at least. She got encouragement from him but not much returned back. Despite ignoring him for weeks at a time, she felt bitter about not ending up with him. He had to wait outside her job unannounced just to meet with her.

3. When she met with an former underclassman, who expressed understanding her struggles at a what I'm guessing is a weekly or bi-weekly releasing magazine, she refused an opportunity to meet with an editor for a monthly magazine with more lenient release schedules with standard phrases similar to saying it's not my thing. Might be pride or repulsion to being helped by a kouhai in getting a debut in ero. Some mix of that at least is my guess. She went into an ero magazine in the end anyway.

4. Very weak point but dad asking if she wants him to hook her up with a date and her attacking him saying it's power harassment, real distinct crime with it's own laws in Japan. No soft rejection while also assuming aloof the of a proposal from good ol' dad.

5. Even though she decided to give a try working with Ishii because of his advice of showing something unique to you rather than what may be popular. I'm paraphrasing what he said ok. I know he said show me your panties and he may have meant it with no deeper meaning but it's unlikely based on clairvoyance. Eyes are still burning from that. Plus in chapter 40 she didn't even want to be an assistant at all and says she never had any experience at all in a decade of trying to get published. A WHOLE DECADE and being an assistant for a published author is somehow beneath her.

6. Not an opportunity really but reread whole arc and on chapter 38 it's kinda clear that Hantani(flattie girl), realized I haven't really used names up to this point, has no particular skill in story or drawing, refer to bottom panel of page 1 chapter 43 of strawberry person with lazy eye. Meanwhile Michiru(really boing boing shortstack) had a strong point in drawing, as expected of an ero artist, and got help from Ishii improving in areas where she was weak, namely story. When Hantani saw Michiru 10/10 fishnet girl drawing, chapter 38 page 7, Michiru told her how to do it herself but she just deflected it with how it would take too long and she draws digital anyway. Feel like she would just use AI for manga if she could.

All in all, damn this chick is delusional and I'm convinced she wants to be a mangaka more than share a story or her art. Still like her addition as a character. Michiru still best girl though.

TL;DR Petanko girl has as much social skill, artistic skill, and storytelling skill as her bust size but wants big booba even if fake.

P.S. Send prayers for Hantani's plants, Chapter 40 page 5. Wondering why I wrote an essay on this minor eromanga character? For no particular reason, I just felt like it. Real talk I enjoy the subtle storytelling in this series like this. Surprising amount of depth for such a minor character.

Dex-chan lover
Things I never though I would say:

"I need to re-read 40 chapters of a bait-and-ecchi manga. For the story"

Users who are viewing this thread