Gakkou Gurashi!

Dex-chan lover
Oh, did the english chapter got remove because of the moderation or because of the team itself ?

Thank god it was removed I was only at page 2, it could have been torture depending on the feels of this one.

It's understandable why the English chapter would have been removed. It was posted by "Sahabat Beruang" not "Waterflame Scanlations", some of the translations were rather inaccurate and improvised with one part been untranslated, and the English was very poorly written with too much extra content not matching with the original Japanese......

Contributor
@Lilliwyt I would guess the scanlators removed it, as the upload itself didn't actually break any Mangadex rules. While they got some flak for the sniping, it was pretty universal that the English part of it was in need of a lot of work. They definitely would have benefited from someone who actually knew English on a much higher level than they used. It was readable, but if you weren't very used to English, you might have had trouble reading it.

Final Ch.78: (not full just first 3 pages). It's a bit of a jump from where we left off from but it does seem odd to actually move the story that far ahead too soon. I'm amazed they've lasted so long without fresh food and clean water... unless they've got the University Roof Farm okay and plenty of ration like food, tins and stuff.

My Japanese isn't very good either, but with context of the other parts some of it's guessing. These images were from a Japanese forum.

(Hey, hey "as in Hello")

v12-l001.jpg

v12-l003.jpg

v12-l002.jpg

Some extra:

みんなが学技をすごくするんです
We all do amazing things.

大変なことがあって学校はまとんどなくなっちやったけど
There was a lot of trouble, and the school was almost gone.

だったらもう一度始めればいいよね?
So we should start again, right?

だからみんなと私でここから学校を始めます
I'm going to start school here with you guys and myself.

bcaa3d30e924b8995052134561061d950b7bf6f0.png

[お医者さん/oishasan](doctor) [だった/datta ] (was/informal[past tense of "da"])
お医者さんだった?
Was she a doctor?

はい猛勉強してるみたいですけど大変だって
Yes, she seems to be studying hard, but she says it's tough.

ふーん
Hmm

668d9c096b63f6244f2b537e8844ebf81b4ca3ef.png

これからまた一人旅かい?
Are you travelling alone again?

そうですね北の方を回ろうと思います
Well, I think I should go North.

寂しくなったりはしないの?
Don't you ever feel lonely?

寂しくなったら戻ってきますから
If I get lonely, I will come back.

2a9b4963f6246b602978d809e4f81a4c500fa2ef.png

り一さんは... 相変わらす忙しいみたいですね
Rii-san... You seem to be as busy as ever.

復興指揮の地区リーダーだからね何て言ってる?
What are you saying? I'm the reconstruction district leader.

((Not too sure how to translate this one: see Note[1])
すごく腹が立つ先輩がいるって書いてます
I'm hungry, my colleagues have finished and left, but here I'm still writing.

でもこれいぇいいです
but this is good. / but it's fine.

Note[1]
[が/particle](but; however; still; and) may also be use to indicate a list: "a, b, c, d and e"
[すごく] very [腹] (stomach/feelings/inside) [very hungry]
[立つ] (to stand/to depart) [先輩] (senpai/senior (at work)/superior/colleague (who's been working longer than you)) [Senpai's have left]
[いる] (to do/to be/-ing) = [いるって] (To be here) [書く] (to write) [ます/present tense formal] = [I'm here writing]

fff1d4246b600c33a10fb4b5154c510fd8f9a1ef.png

I haven't seen the full page so don't know the context of the last image. If it's in the context as miki talking then it could translate as "Rii-san?... She seems to be as busy as ever." "What are you saying? She is the reconstruction district leader after all" "Here she wrote a letter saying she is very angry and her Senpais have quit..." "but this... no, it's fine."

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
@Hounder To be honest given it's the Indonesian team who uploaded both Ch.78, i guess they don't have translated Japanese to English but rather have done Japanese -> Indonesian then Indonesian -> English.

So where should I read now when there is no English? What happened with waterflame, and why the english TL got sniped? Kind of scummy move, especially when it is the final chapter.

Considering that sniper group's origin, its no surprise tbh. Kinda sucks rn.

Dex-chan lover
Was it a good story? I really liked the anime, so should I read the manga?

would've been more interesting if they all died, fk happy endings

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I like the ending. It gives hope for the future and a very fuzzy feeling.

Not all apocalypse or zombie stories need to have super bad, tragic endings. This sort of ending is great because it makes all their struggles and tribulations worthwhile instead of going the "oh, you did all this to try and live but nope! you all die" lazy ending type.

aaaaa i still think its rushed but its a good ending after all love this shit

I loved this manga in the beginning, but over time it got worse and worse and tbh, I'm glad it's finally over. There was a time I couldn't wait for the next chapter to come out. I also have lots of the english books. Recently, I left chapters unread for months.

This one had me fooled. Thought it was going to be happy fun times in the zombie apocalypse at first. Gets dark dark dark in some places but like, only as dark as you can throw teens into. Was an ok read. Had me glued to my screen until I finished it anyway.

I don't expect the story will end up like this but they deserve for the ending

Love it

That was an amazing ride.
Ending was short was sweet enough.
Good job to y’all who made it possible for us to read it.

Users who are viewing this thread