Gal jk Eromanga - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
Very steamy chapter this is only the pregame before the main event & the author is doing a great job with what they have. Gotta ask this @anoiniman but are you following the tone down version of this & what are your impressions of it so far? I doubt that one will be as steamy but it is interesting reading both of these as they come out. Thanks for the chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
Very steamy chapter this is only the pregame before the main event & the author is doing a great job with what they have. Gotta ask this @anoiniman but are you following the tone down version of this & what are your impressions of it so far? I doubt that one will be as steamy but it is interesting reading both of these as they come out. Thanks for the chapter.
I have been following the non-H adaptation ever since it begun;
as you said there are quite some differences, and I'd even go as far to say that these differences are not limited to the eroticism of the work.
It is to be expected, obviously, a non-H adaptation wants to hit a larger audience and needs to be less rough around the edges and more marketable; but still...

I'll give a few examples:
There is a lot less ambiguity in the adaptation, which I do not like, just looking at the very
first chapter the pacing is completely different and the starting relationship between Agawa-san and the protag are completely different.

The original takes a bit longer until it reveals the "villain" of the story.
In the adaption the "villain" is shown right at the beginning, as the guy fucking Agawa outside when the protag finds them out. (In the original it is someone unrelated);
And he is also shown in the pictures of Agawa-san leaving love hotels; no such thing in the original.

In the adaptation she's found out in the beginning of the chapter and the first thing we see of Gotou is his reaction to that event. In the original we get to see Gotou before he finds out.

In the original the there is a comedic element in the fact that Gotou has only really interacted with the heroin ONCE and that she actually skipped out completely on the library committee until she's found out.
But in the adaptation she's shown as actually participating on the library committee and that being the reason of why Gotou becomes interested in her.

I find it particularly funny, since in the original that kind of plot development is specifically made fun of, and subverted.

Basically, I think the story was made a bit more generic, and a bit more explicitly wholesome in the non-H adaptation.
e.g -> The very focused narrative of the original is contrasted with what can only be called a filler episode on chapter 3 of the adaptation (or just a more generic version of the original chapter 3 tbh)

Even the art style is more generic. I am personally very fond of the art style in the doujinshi, it is more agressive, overt, and unique. In the adaptation one, honestly, Agawa-san is just too fluffy. She looks much better in the original.

I think the a bit darker, more on-edge: "will it be wholesome, will it not? Is the Protag just a loser through and through? Who is Agawa-san anyway, is she just a bitch?" of the original is better imo.
The adaptation tries too hard to not be dark, replaces its unique eroticism with antics that are closer to the normal ecchi-comedy schtick; and it does not allow real tension to show trough.

Tl;Dr -> Without knowing what the author his cooking for the next chapters in the adaptation I cannot say much, but I think the original has been more enjoyable so far.

Dex-chan lover
@anoiniman Thank you for the detailed response & your insight between the 2. I do agree the manga adaptation focuses more into the comedy & can be very repetitive those first few chapters. It is as you say that the author wants this to be successful to the masses just to avoid getting canned early since they clearly want to tell a story more than what they could've in the doujinshi.

I say it is best to treat them differently like say they're alternate universes just so people won't be too disappointed with the adaption. We'll see what the author has in store for us since as you said we don't have the complete scope of the story. If it is bad, at the least the author had the opportunity to get paid for it & possibly get another chance on doing a new title in the future. Thanks for the info.

Dex-chan lover
Is Agawa a plumbler? She's so good at draining pipes.

bQq3QXp.jpg

Banned
as you said there are quite some differences, and I'd even go as far to say that these differences are not limited to the eroticism of the work.
It is to be expected, obviously, a non-H adaptation wants to hit a larger audience and needs to be less rough around the edges and more marketable; but still...

There is a lot less ambiguity in the adaptation, which I do not like, just looking at the very
first chapter the pacing is completely different and the starting relationship between Agawa-san and the protag are completely different.

In the adaption the "villain" is shown right at the beginning, as the guy fucking Agawa outside when the protag finds them out. (In the original it is someone unrelated);
And he is also shown in the pictures of Agawa-san leaving love hotels; no such thing in the original.

In the adaptation she's found out in the beginning of the chapter and the first thing we see of Gotou is his reaction to that event. In the original we get to see Gotou before he finds out.

In the original the there is a comedic element in the fact that Gotou has only really interacted with the heroin ONCE and that she actually skipped out completely on the library committee until she's found out.
But in the adaptation she's shown as actually participating on the library committee and that being the reason of why Gotou becomes interested in her.

I find it particularly funny, since in the original that kind of plot development is specifically made fun of, and subverted.

Basically, I think the story was made a bit more generic, and a bit more explicitly wholesome in the non-H adaptation.
e.g -> The very focused narrative of the original is contrasted with what can only be called a filler episode on chapter 3 of the adaptation (or just a more generic version of the original chapter 3 tbh)

Even the art style is more generic. I am personally very fond of the art style in the doujinshi, it is more agressive, overt, and unique. In the adaptation one, honestly, Agawa-san is just too fluffy. She looks much better in the original.

I think the a bit darker, more on-edge: "will it be wholesome, will it not? Is the Protag just a loser through and through? Who is Agawa-san anyway, is she just a bitch?" of the original is better imo.
The adaptation tries too hard to not be dark, replaces its unique eroticism with antics that are closer to the normal ecchi-comedy schtick; and it does not allow real tension to show trough.

Tl;Dr -> Without knowing what the author his cooking for the next chapters in the adaptation I cannot say much, but I think the original has been more enjoyable so far.
LMAO at the 1st credit page, it actually fucking killed me when you said you only uncensor one cock and say the reason why. :kek: :kek: :kek: TBH, the censor doesn't affect the plot in anyway, we can piece together in our mind what they're doing (it's just the genitals are hidden, we still know they're doing the deed) so do whatever you're comfortable with. Thank you for the scanlation. :wooow:

P/s: lol the black bars aren't as bad as I thought it would be (I thought it was gunna be a singular big black bar censoring the whole thing like what Jujika Rokunin did but it's just the author following the mandatory censorship law of Japan)

Last edited:
Banned
@anoiniman Thank you for the detailed response & your insight between the 2. I do agree the manga adaptation focuses more into the comedy & can be very repetitive those first few chapters. It is as you say that the author wants this to be successful to the masses just to avoid getting canned early since they clearly want to tell a story more than what they could've in the doujinshi.

I say it is best to treat them differently like say they're alternate universes just so people won't be too disappointed with the adaption. We'll see what the author has in store for us since as you said we don't have the complete scope of the story. If it is bad, at the least the author had the opportunity to get paid for it & possibly get another chance on doing a new title in the future. Thanks for the info.
reminds me of The World of Moral Reversal, although the art of the adaptation is more detailed and it aims to tell the story more than focusing on the erotic aspect, I have the feeling that the original is superior in conveying what it did (well it has little plot to begin unlike this manga). And even though the original's art is more simplistic, it came off as way more lewd than the adaptation.

Dex-chan lover
So this one has a big NTR warning sign at the start... which means there will be ntr later on.. which means it'll happen as well in the other one the author is doing about these characters. I'm sure yall ntr-fags will enjoy it.

Dex-chan lover
So this one has a big NTR warning sign at the start... which means there will be ntr later on.. which means it'll happen as well in the other one the author is doing about these characters. I'm sure yall ntr-fags will enjoy it.
Not necessarily, if you look at the previous chapter discussions the uploader actually breaks down the plot of the original and it’s not really NTR (at least not in the typical sense).

The warning seems to be there for people who can’t stomach that kind of thing at all.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

I honestly think that the original’s story is better than what is being done in the adaptation. In fact I’m more worried about what will happen to our main couple there than I was here.

Thank you for all your work on the scanlations. Are you still working on the series or you’re done with it?

Banned
you are honestly very dumb :kek:

Users who are viewing this thread