Gal niPA-chan wa Semararetai - Vol. 4 Ch. 27 - I Am Just Me

Dex-chan lover
Welp, it wouldn't be a fun ship to sink if childhood friend gave up so easily. The war continues! Bit of a shame because the 3 of them got along surprisingly well when together.

Tho tbh I'm wondering what Shizuka is gonna do. The true dark horse of the race.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation (I don't think I have a preference for who "wins." Although I'm not under the impression that the most likely "winner" won't just be Asahina anyway).

Dex-chan lover
Finally. The RAWs are just galloping away. I love this series, especially how dense Asahino is to everyone else's needs. Wait until the later chaps. Can we expect more coming?

Dex-chan lover
If it doesn't go harem route in the end (it will most likely stick with NiPA) childhood friend should be known as best girl. The only thing is she is learning about sex and pleasure and not just jumping randomly whenever she feels horny

HAREM ENDING PLEASE HAREM ENDING PLEASE HAREM ENDING PLEASE HAREM ENDING PLEASE HAREM ENDING PLEASE HAREM ENDING PLEASE HAREM ENDING PLEASE HAREM ENDING PLEASE HAREM ENDING PLEASE HAREM ENDING PLEASE HAREM ENDING PLEASE HAREM ENDING PLEASE HAREM ENDING PLEASE HAREM ENDING PLEASE HAREM ENDING PLEASE HAREM ENDING PLEASE HAREM ENDING PLEASE HAREM ENDING PLEASE HAREM ENDING PLEASE HAREM ENDING PLEASE HAREM ENDING PLEASE

Dex-chan lover
Wait, did Akira have no response to her confession? He just sat there saying nothing, then they went home? :wtf:
Rio plainly knows Akira's feelings for Asahino and is just giving him something else to think about before he makes any decisions.

I felt the same as @outinthegardener. Akira's almost taunting non-response ("Nope.") struck me as strange and fucked up, though it may have been an effective PUA power move on his part. After taking a huge emotional risk and opening her heart to Akira, Rio clearly wanted some kind of real, human-friend-like response from him. Yet Akira shut her down cold.

Note that this scene follows a set-up (see page 6) where Akira wanted to say something to Rio, but was unable to overcome his own cowardly indecision. Rio then bailed him out by saying what Akira could not.

It's a standard trope -- almost a rule -- in romantic shounen/seinen manga: the male MC never has to make a choice or take an emotional risk, and everything just comes to him on a silver platter. Annoying as fuck.

Users who are viewing this thread