Galactic Empire

Thank you for saving us from the curse that was chapter 2 of Suterareta Tensei Kenja! Read the spoiler for the details
For those who don’t know the previous translator would just reupload the same chapter over and over again.

Thanks for updating "Saving 80,000 Gold Coins in the Different World for My Old Age" keep up the great work

Group Leader
@RottenPotat0 Hey could you please inform me on what we did wrong? I'm the leader of the Japanese branch of the group, I hope we didn't mess up on anything after we reformed the group!

Group Leader
Rebranded, but still utter shit.
Amazing.

I have no idea how you could possibly consider charging money for the shit you shovel out.

Group Leader
@DrWhoCares Hey, I'm the leader of the JP Branch. I'm trying to help fix relations for this group etc. Could you please inform me which Manga/Manhua you are referring to, the problems with our release, and any recommendations?

PS: There was a recent large influx of new and better staff due to a merging between the two groups. If we are still releasing bad quality, I will be sure to deal with it. I just need help from the community to be able to help improve our releases.

Group Leader
@RimuruXD
I decided to look at your latest chapter of something I'm actually familiar with, which happens to be your second latest chapter, and the latest one posted by you. This one.
[ul]
[*] Lack of periods at the end of sentences.
[*] Some of the images are.
[*] Pages 1 and 2 are 1337x1920.
[*] Pages 3 and 4 are 1426x2048.
[*] Page 5 is 650x933 pixels. Some awful screenshot raws.
[*] Pages 6 to 22 are 2000x2872.
[*] Your images are .jpgs with quality set to 100.
[*] Your images aren't even grayscale jpgs.
[*] Your images are needlessly massive because they aren't optimized at all.
[*] Taking one image (page 6) and optimizing it into an 8bpp grayscale PNG makes it 2.34MB instead of 3.67MB.
[*] However, due to the nature of these raws, you can 4bpp them with zero issue. This takes that previously mentioned image down to 862KB.
[*] The entire chapter is 50.1MB. Optimizing down to 4bpp (other than the credits page) takes it down to 13.51MB. More care could be taken to retain the gradients on page 1, but ignoring that for now.
[*] You seemingly decided to delete the previous chapter 48 and reupload it, unless you just somehow uploaded chapters 44-47 and 49 without uploading 48. Deleting and reuploading a chapter instead of editing a chapter is actually against the mangadex rules.
[*] Page 7 - Panel 1 - Bubble 2, "Work this much" should be "With this much".
[*] Page 9 - Panel 3 - Bubble 2, "how what are you gonna do" remove "how".
[*] Page 21 - Panel 2 - Bubble 1, "so get on the car" should be "so get in the car".
[*] Other than that, the dialogue is trash, but then again, this is a FUNA series, so it's even written like trash in Japanese. Regardless, a proofreader would be able to mitigate some of these issues.
[/ul]
I'm not going to bother to look at your other releases, as this is already a big enough waste of my time.
I'm also not going to bother to explain how to optimize properly. Just use imgdanke, that's why I made it. https://github.com/DrWhoCares/imgdanke

EDIT: Fixed formatting since using [ ul ] in mangadex adds like 4 newlines worth of space for some stupid ass reason.
EDIT2: Fixed formatting since I figured out what I was doing wrong with [ ul ]. Man BBCode is fucking awful.

Thanks for picking up Ningen dakedo Maougun Shitennou ni Sodaterareta Ore wa, Maou no Musume ni Aisare Shihai Zokusei no Kennou o Ataeraremashita. - The Guardian of Princess

Users who are viewing this thread