Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji - Kaiji Part 1

I have no idea why this is labled as "complete" when the scanlation has 11 volumes missing. Unless it's its status in its country of origin? It's unclear. I'd changed it to ongoing but then realized that the label might be for the latter, so I changed it back.

Power Uploader
Official English translation of Kaiji Part 1 is available for purchase here.
That's why no one will probably scanlate the rest!

Wh-what have I just stumbled into???
I just saw an interesting manga cover then continually clicked the prequel botton...
Another manga series in the backlog!

Group Leader
I could write a whole novel about how this manga (and its sequels, and let's not forget the anime) is literally one of the greatest entertainment masterpieces in this world.
Story is interesting. Characters are the most human ones (with all the sins and flaws it implies) you'll ever see in a manga. And the tension... Literally unbearable, I could barely breath at all while watching all theses plot twists, real risks for the MC (because yes, the mc CAN lose, unlike other trash shonens), and the plot as a whole.

Heck, Fukumoto Nobuyuki is able to make us shiver and cry about some dudes playing a pachinko machine... a GODDAMN PACHINKO machine. Nobody would've ever considered being interested by some pachinko, and yet FKMT made it incredible and startling. Imagine what he did with the rest of the manga.

One could be bothered by the uncommon art, and that's understandable (all of the characters are, objectively, so fucking ugly), but if you can just stand it a little bit, you'll be rewarded with the greatest entertainment ever. The art is actually useful, by making characters have more human-like emotions than any of the more common, bland, generic slice-of-life manga art you often see out there.

So stop reading my review and go ! Go watch episode 1 of season 1, then episode 2, then 3, 4, 5.... until you get to last episode of season 2 in less than 3 days.

Users who are viewing this thread