Game no Naka ni Iru!

Double-page supporter
The whole story: non-sensical comedy.

Ending: Dark, dark and re-dark…

WTF

I was expecting they would just be ejected and a funny gag to end everything, not 3 girls dying for no reason.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
I thought it was just a Halloween trick, but this is the actual final chapter:
https://pocket.shonenmagazine.com/episode/10834108156630966512.

this is officially the worst (most confusing) manga ending I've ever read:

what happened to Mikan? did she get permanently deleted/bugged, or will she be in the new game?
what happened to the other two: did they get permanently deleted, or will they be in the new game?
are they in control of themselves or could they be controlled by a player outside the game screen? i.e. a small person might be hidden under the white bean bag/cushion. does someone outside the game need to press start new game, or can they (or someone else in the game) chose to start a new game themselves.
what 's the deal with the hero?

I'm not in denial because I dislike this kind of confusing ending more than everyone dies ending.

Happy Halloween everyone, since this ending at least fits Halloween.

edit: I made a mistake, the white thing at the end is not a blanket but a white bean bag/cushion

Supporter
That ending was like the ending to the manga School Days (not the anime). Totally out from far left field and super dark.

What! i hope the Japanese customers remember this and refuse to buy any future manga this hack write's, I hate out of left field dark ending's.

I have mixed feelings about this ending. at one end, it actually feels like an ending. at the other, it went from 0 to 100 rather quickly. The ending was rather dark, I won't lie, but I still think it was a good manga overall. It brings out an uncommon view on the isekai genre, giving examples of what we might miss from the real world. Anyway, hate on this comment if you want. To each their own as I like to say. If you haven't read it yet and you're wondering whether or not you should read it, don't let others make that decision for you. You might like it despite others not.

dang this is awesome! a sudden dark ending from light hearted comedy story.. i personally loves this kind of twist ?

Double-page supporter
When you bookmarked the series yesterday because you wanted some gag comedy, then this ending happens

Dex-chan lover
???

...okay. Well. Fancy that. Eleven chapters of utter light hearted nonsense comedy. And then, chapter 12. Chapter 12. Twelve (12). Hmm. I went over chapter 1, looking for any sort of... hint, that maybe there's more to the ending, but no luck on my part.

I wonder what was going through the author's head. Was it... almost vindictive? Or was it just... existential whimsy?

Alright, well, it was fun, and then the fun ends rather abruptly. For the reader who insists on things staying fun... stop after chapter 10.

I hope the author is all right,
this will always be my favorite isekai manga
really hope the sequel will come someday

Fed-Kun's army
heh, to think that I actually liked this especially how it ends

if would also be as dark if Mikan actually gets out and she is the only one that gets out...and she is wondering what is happening as she watches their friend on the screen, stuck at the end of corrupted save

that is what i expected as first lol

How to not end your manga 101, seriously that ending is objectively bad in so many ways

Users who are viewing this thread