Game Shoshinsha no Mari-nee ga Iku VRMMO Nonbiri? Taikenki: Mebius World Online

Dex-chan lover
of course, it is another VRMMORPG with NPC are completely life-like and able to interact with the players like human.
When a series did this, it just feel more like isekai than actual RPG game, like will the sister and the guild's guy react like that everytime a players do that deliver quest or is the quest completely unique to that one instant?

This is just a nitpick of course but still, whenever i see stuff like this, it makes me wonder if the author ever play a RPG before.

I wonder if there's more to this game than we think. It's giving me vibes that it's a situation like Apotheosis of a Demon. But I could be wrong about that. FYI: that so called game world in that story isn't what it seems. Don't read the description if you ever decide to read that web novel, because a certain number of chapters later, a major bombshell drops. The description itself for the story gives it away and thus spoils it.

Fed-Kun's army
of course, it is another VRMMORPG with NPC are completely life-like and able to interact with the players like human.
When a series did this, it just feel more like isekai than actual RPG game, like will the sister and the guild's guy react like that everytime a players do that deliver quest or is the quest completely unique to that one instant?

This is just a nitpick of course but still, whenever i see stuff like this, it makes me wonder if the author ever play a RPG before.
If I read the description on the pages explaining the game right, the world is dynamic world where things change. So it could be there are spontaneous quests like this one that only can be found and done once.

I could be wrong but I am basing this on the fact that the guy in start up screen said about inhabitant lives and the world changing in the beginning of the first chapter. It seems like a throwaway lines of an npc that means nothing but it feels to me like that line is very important.

Dex-chan lover
If I read the description on the pages explaining the game right, the world is dynamic world where things change. So it could be there are spontaneous quests like this one that only can be found and done once.
that would be quite the challenge for dev to do too, since this isn't just one quest from the guild but this is a chain quest, from the nun to the guild house. So if it is "one and done" then it would be extremely taxing to program.

Fed-Kun's army
that would be quite the challenge for dev to do too, since this isn't just one quest from the guild but this is a chain quest, from the nun to the guild house. So if it is "one and done" then it would be extremely taxing to program.
I know. I have seen this becoming more common innon-isekai mmorpg series. Where either due to programming or the whole world turning out to be a real world that people unknowingly or knowingly connect to and act as strange adventurers who just magically appear and disappear while being unable to permanently die.
They seem to have this idea of a fully realistic world where the NPCs have complete agency within set limits about having or no limits. I could see the programmer just programing in things the NPC cares about or wants and letting the AI go about doing these things or making a quest for the players to do it for them. I could see it being that the Cleric woman was going to mail the note but the AI realizes that it can just give her a mission with a reward to this player and the letter will be delivered.

This reminds me of another trope with NPCs that can permanently die despite being quest givers or where random events can happen that can cause NPCS wars or fall of the kingdom the player is in. I know one anime started with the Main Character running into an npc Knight, that is a major power in the kingdom he starts the game in, randomly running around asking a player to help her find her lost sister that he does take. It's later pointed out that if he hadn't taken the job the knight would have gone on to do it without a player and most likely die with her sister permanently from the game. Granted the ending of the show hinted that this really was an isekai that all of the players unknowingly jumping into and back out of a real fantasy world.

My issue with this is even if you have programmers willing to do this, I don't think this sounds like a fun way to play a game. Where you could randomly miss an amazing quest or find out the NPC you have been working with for weeks long quest got killed while you went to bed for the night.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
My issue with this is even if you have programmers willing to do this, I don't think this sounds like a fun way to play a game. Where you could randomly miss an amazing quest or find out the NPC you have been working with for weeks long quest got killed while you went to bed for the night.
Give it a week and troll probably killed just about all important NPC to screw the game completely.
Which also lead to my another problem with VRMMORPG's series, the author quite often vastly underestimate the community, so it always the MC somehow manage to find broken build or super secret path that no one able to find.
Stuff like this is why i can't watch BOFURI, i just can't turn off my brain to watch it when it completely broke every MMORPG's rule.

Dex-chan lover
Is “Mebius” from a misreading (at the source) of “Moebius”/“Möbius” (as if it were analogous to “Oedipus”)?

Dex-chan lover
The story is good. It's heartwarming and nice so far. Reminds me of my first time reading Majo no tabitabi.. tho they both have different plot, but the vibe they're giving is same. A good read to when you're relax and while enjoy a good cup of tea.

Users who are viewing this thread