Gantz - Vol. 37 Ch. 383 - Endpoint

Double-page supporter
the end
bye, I'll sleep now
comment later if i got the energy

but still, Italian sculpture are the strongest of them all that i find it really unsatisfying that they got transferred back mid mission, we don't really get a closure on that mission except Inaba and Old man's death

later

overall, ending is bland soup
7/10

Just finished rereading and it is a great work it obviously isn't perfect and some elements were brought up and abandoned like the vampires and the loss of memory once the mission ended and you had taken serious damage, Oku probably didn't have a clear idea on the entire plot but he gets the themes across very plainly and the final chapters and ending are perfectly workable.

Which is why my head starts hurting at some of the comments you can find here with endless nitpicking of people that speedread the work or were reading only for the violence and tits, dumb comments for example about the CG (which does look bad and this terrible scan doesn't help) but the use of the CG has a clear purpose thematically if you pay attention and ask yourself why did the author decide to use CG at this exact moment when he could have drawn it since he doesn't lack any talent for it, or about how the first chapters were more violent and gorier (?????? maybe we read a different manga) or nitpicking about the mechanics of the ball or my favorite dumb comment when the translator complains about the orbit of the mothership between the earth and the moon as if the known strongest military alien force in space couldn't handle something like that.

Yes the talk with the superior being is sophomoric and you are supposed to get mad at it fuck the superior being and the final chapters are humanity's answer to it.
It's not a perfect work, was it rushed? possibly but the art doesn't lose any quality in the final chapters, and it is still one of the greatest manga ever made and fully recommended to read to anyone checking the comments, a solid 7-8/10.
Thanks for reading my blog check Gantz: 0

Last edited:
I agree with others in that, begining + middle = op and end = meh... have to say nurarihyon chapters and final vampire face-offs were my favourites.

Explaination underwhelmed me, maybe that's my high expectations but the whole manga I was confused (in a good way) so i figured the explaination would be really kick ass.

15/04/23 21:21 GMT

Dex-chan lover
So in the end the aliens died anyway, vampires meant nothing, clone meant nothing and all of it happened because a fat lady got a message from some edgy super alien race with a god complex.

I enjoyed it but the ending was kind of BS.

...so the author just forgot that the mothership was supposed to crash into the earth and kill all humans ? i swear to god the quality of this manga fucking dropped to rock bottom when the vampires showed up (what even was the point of them? stretching the story? yeah probably that.)
The mothership was gonna crash only if kurono were to lost to the alien hero

Dex-chan lover
The mothership was gonna crash only if kurono were to lost to the alien hero
He said if moron didnt come and fight him or he lost then he would blow the ship up and crash it into earth
Why would you assume thats a 2 step process? Surely a ship in earths orbid will come crashing down if its propulsion blows up?

I can't believe I read the whole chapter of one of the worst yet one of the best manga in 3 days.

I want to curse and give applaus to the author at the same time.

Fed-Kun's army
I think it asked a lot of wonderful questions, I agree with it being an 8 considering the bipolar writing but personally I give it a 10. It's pure chaos, and isn't that human experience? Just chaos and chaos until you find a unique meaning for it?

Users who are viewing this thread