Gatabutata - Ch. 28

She hit the nail on the head! This is going to be interesting.

Hopefully he doesn't dodge...

Dex-chan lover
Oh, so she's not completely stupid.

I like her but boy does she mentally dance around sometimes.

I really like that she's direct about it. I wish I had the guts to address relationships like that in reality

@DirkHardpeck Nah, but she is stupidly guarded when it comes to relationships. It will probably work out for the better in this particular case due to that, but our ML Haejun will most likely have an insanely hard time to get across to her and her dating trauma is sure to come into play hitting hard

@Leonhart93
Yep. I think she does "mentally dance around" a little in the sense that she doubts that the sunbae likes her, I guess because she's insecure. No one wants to have an inflated ego and end up being wrong. Relative to other shoujo protagonists she's much less dense, thankfully.

Even though Haejun and MC like each other, I feel like she's the type that doesn't want to do anything about her feelings, because she's so stupidly guarded as you said, she's afraid things will go wrong again and she'd rather just enjoy the rosy period of having a crush. It's definitely slow burn, but not in the traditional sense of hate to love.

I want to say her characterization and rationale are fairly realistic. Buuut tbh I'm not usually looking for realism when I'm reading shoujo because I think it'll be a little too frustrating lol. I think I'm gonna end up ripping some of my hair out as this goes on........

Sunbae is a cutie but she ain't the one. I hope he finds someone good for him.

Group Leader
I don't feel bad for sunbae at all. He probably has a stack of "How to Manipulate Girls into Liking You" books that he's read just so he can take advantage of Hyejin and twist her around his little finger into doing what he wants. He's doing well at it so far. Don't get me wrong. I don't like Hyejin much, either. The messes she finds herself in are her own doing and from what I've seen so far, Haejun would definitely be better off finding another girl instead of being strung along forever.

i like the sunbae but not for hyejin... i hope she'll put an end to it and he can quickly move on and not pursue her anymore

i don't understand the dislike for hyejin among the comments... she hasn't done anything to warrant it at all. how does the "mentally dance around"? she has been straightforward the entire time about her likes and dislikes. she's not "stringing anyone long," she clearly stated that she doesn't want to be in a relationship, not her fault people want to pursue her. the mental hoops people jump through to justify their hate for a character and call them stupid annoys me to no end. if you don't like the main character, why are you reading the webtoon then?

I like Hyejin’s guarded personality because I’m so similar to her. I can empathise her thought process of getting/being in a relationship. Unlike me, she’s a direct person, which is unbelievably amazing. She knows her boundaries and she knows that havin a relationship she’s not ready for can only result in disaster.

There are many stupid FL that are a crybaby and always need a man to do everything for them, but with Hyejin, she’s fine on her own. It’s just that there are people who are pursuing her, but she’s already told them that she’s not ready. It’s up to them to wait or leave.

I like how clear she is when it comes to relationships, our precious girl 💙

Good girl good girl....

But urgh pls I can't handle this anxiousness.
Can someone fast forward the time? Untill the part of fml ml confirm they love for each other ><

I cant handle this :" help

@Piatritous absolutely agree, I think those that think otherwise in the comments are clearly showing their age. I’m 23, and have gone through the stage of university life. I’ve seen way too many people enter relationships just for the sake of being in one, which is FINE if you’re able to mentally deal with it. However, knowing your mental capacity and boundaries is important. Relationships are exhausting, especially for introverts. Even more so while in school. If you’re not in the search for a relationship, you treat most people as friends. Otherwise, you prefer to be straightforward and blunt to avoid misleading. The only way she could accidentally fall for someone in her situation is if that someone is a constant/important figure in her life, but even then it may take months. That’s how it was for me at least.

Group Leader
i had to go read the raws bc i needed confirmation on who the male lead was 😅

she confesses to
haejun in chapter 49

Fed-Kun's army
@niconakamoto
Holy shit chapter 49??? This will be a long ride then, but i like these characters so i'm not complaining lmao

Sem

Dex-chan lover
Ahhhrjhg this is so nerve wracking
But dang girl, I really appreciate that she gets straight to the point and doesn't beat around the bush or dodge her sunbae.
It's very uncomfortable to know that someone's developing a crush on you and wants more from you when you can't provide that. I wonder if they'll still manage to become friends after this given how awkward this guy is.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm glad MC is such a direct person. I feel bad for the sunbae but its also much better to let him know how she feels about getting into relationships at this point in her life.

Users who are viewing this thread