Gay Fuuzoku no Mochigi-san - Sexuality Is Life -

this is surprisingly good!! lots of good, thought-provoking life advice, it's also very funny! the art style isnt great but the story more then makes up for it

Deserves a much higher rating than it has. Interesting insight into a world most people are entirely unfamiliar with.

Dex-chan lover
Quite insightful, I never thought about the ins and outs of these type of world and the people living in it. It's interesting.

Artstyle that suit better in a children picture book.
+
Mediocre life story about some gay dude that selling his body.

Is a bad mix, unless you're aiming to make a children picture book...for gay papa and son?

====
Kinda felt he contradicts himself as being a wise dude...but haven't settle things straight*heh* with his mom.

I really enjoy reading autobiographies especially LGBT related series, so I really look forward to reading updates from this manga. I feel like too many people are looking at this at surface level perspective and commenting on “poor art style” or just simply ignorant to lgbt people in the sex work industry.

I personally find this manga really informative and one of the first mangas I’ve read that has had a sympathetic perspective towards sex workers, and even showing how the industry works in japan. It’s just really nice seeing sex workers be perceived in a compassionate way and see Mochigi interact with his coworkers and see their own personal struggles of why they continue with this line of work.

Insightful and filled with knowledge that only comes with experience, presented in a comedic and amateurish (in a good way) art style.

I really really like this series. It’s so refreshing to read. Thank you to White Sun Scans for translating.

I don't know why I expected something mature with wholesome elements. Tending more to the wholesome bit. Possibly cover and tags like comedy and slice of life. It's not.

It's good, but those first three chapters are a bit too depressing for me right now, plus art style inconsistency is breaking my immersion. Definetly give it a try though if you are interested in the topic!

The amount of one-star ratings is abnormal! This manga is actually pretty nice, even educating. Didn't know that side of japan until now, or at least not the extent. I think this deserves 8-stars, sure the art isn't that good, but it is acceptable, and the lessons taken from it should fill in the rest.

@22nd_Ranger

Yaoi (/ˈjaʊi/; Japanese: やおい [ja.o.i]), also known by the wasei-eigo construction boys' love (ボーイズ ラブ, bōizu rabu) and its abbreviation BL (ビーエル, bīeru), is a genre of fictional media originating in Japan that features homoerotic relationships between male characters.

This literally isn't yaoi?

Users who are viewing this thread