Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - The Movements Inside the Two Countries.

Double-page supporter
@kronix @monkey123

Most publishers: Why would we distribute complete and cohesive stories when we can adapt part of a preexisting work, and base its future completely on sales!

We're living in the age of (shitty)adaptations, amirite fellas!

Dex-chan lover
@Wolvenworks theres several series tha manage to make competent townbuilding, Overlord excels at this, having everyone be amazed by the MC saying the equivalent of "you need to eat food to stop being hungry" really takes a toll.

@Misticsan not when you dont have the resources to mobilize an army, and have a truce with every other country, this is just an asinine desition.

@ShinGetsu Completely agree, hell i would have given them a pass if they had a connection to other barons and were coordinating to take over.

Dex-chan lover
@boasg yep, but compared to my...400-something active list, it's a very small percentage. and it roughly already includes all currently actively scanlated Isekai series. estimating only about a dozen at most that has an actual smart/leader MC

Dex-chan lover
just a question but wouldn't the issue with the 3 dukes have been resolved a long ass time ago if the previous king was sent as an envoy? I mean I get not sending what's her face (daughter of the king) because she's needed to keep the kingdom running, but why not boss around the previous king and have him clean up his own mess a bit. >_>

Fed-Kun's army
@ShinGetsu Thanks, I knew I was missing important info from the novels. Those details change the situation quite a bit: a country that has already spent too many resources in constant useless wars is not the same as a country that, although poor, has been bidding their time looking for the right time for payback. And, of course, an army that goes to war without scouting the enemy beforehand is asking for trouble.

Aggregator gang
lmao how can you hate this and like overlord which is even worse

Double-page supporter
That kingdom you're trying to invade is doing the exact thing you're saying is stupid and coming out of their own famine crisis, so...

I'd say the internal affairs guys have a point. I mean in the end they admit to this pretty much being revenge at the expense of their own country, people like that really shouldn't be in charge...

Aggregator gang
So... Who was the one to put that incompetent King in the throne again? It's not even because he's going to war itself, but because he isn't listening to actual fundamental advice to hear before going to the war, instead he just kept punishing his subordinate and even took of his role in minister of finance, which I'm pretty sure that guy was competent considering the the words he told to Gaius and Julius

Dex-chan lover
@StarGasm his father, 99% of the time a king was the previous king's son, divine right and all that, king giving the throne to anyone besides one of the children is a rarity.

Aggregator gang
@starburst98 Ah, yes.. How come I haven't noticed it (legit didn't even think about), that's probably why most countries have abandoned hereditary monarchy, I wonder why (sarcasm).

Double-page supporter
No surprise there that there is more to what meets the eye with Duke George than just an old dude being stubborn as a rock to the strange new king(I would be a little disappointed if there wasn't). His stubbornness is more than just some cliche plot point for conflict, it's more so that he thinks mc is unlike previous kings who helped and protect demi humans and the whole kingdom, bleed for them to achieve what they have.
He adores the kingdom and the people so seeing a person who had no ties with the kingdom take control doesn't sit right with him (which is a valid point to be worried about and it seems mc somewhat agrees with that statement).
But what he doesn't know is that even tho that might be true to some extent mc has a good head on his shoulders and he is a solid good natured and kind dude.
Man, give this guy a chance, you will grow to respect and acknowledge him.

Dex-chan lover
@cannarali The problem I see with this (author's fault) is that 1) this could be resolved by TALKING with the previous king. Who is alive and well.
And 2) He's still acusing Soma of kicking out CORRUPT nobles, people who were actively hurting the kingdom.

I see an attempt to make a grey character, rather than a simple villanous villain. I'm just not convinced the attempt is successful...

the king is at fault obviously. cuz he didnt even schedule a meeting with the dukes whether souma becomes king or not. so all in all the kings the problem for making a hasty and stupid decision

Users who are viewing this thread