Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Vol. 7 Ch. 32 - An Encounter In The Streets of Van (2)

Dex-chan lover
This alliance thing is really troublesome. Hopefully Julius won't use the alliance as another excuse to antagonize the kingdom to take back Van

@Narf they did not officially declare war tho. And there were not a single battle on the kingdom's soil, since Souma used the scorched earth tactic. And right after Souma declaring war on them, they just returned without giving any official reply.

If anything they can even give a shameless excuse of trying to help out Souma (since they entered the kingdom via the duke's land, which could be justified as attacking the duke).

Dex-chan lover
@Yanagi
Germany never declared war on Poland and yet it kicked off what is known as World War 2. You gonna argue that that wasn't a war either because there wasn't a formal declaration of war? There is no need for a formal declaration of war - if there even exists such a custom in that parallel world! - when action speak for themselves.

@Narf Germany also lost the war. Should they won it, or at least allied to another super power that came out of it OK, I am sure they will come up with some excuses for the Poland invasion.

Khmer Rouge, after provoking the Vietnamese with cross-border, civilian-killing attacks, lost its capital to Vietnam in 1979. This genocidal gov still got the backing from China and the US to retain its seat in the United Nation up until 1993. And of course they demanded their capital (along with most of their territory) back at every fucking chance they got, and the Vietnamese were always the bad guys.

So you see, if one is shameless enough, one can still twist and turn whatever one's action spoke.

Dex-chan lover
@Yanagi
How the fuck is that even relevant? The topic was that Van started a war and now gets to suffer the consequences of losing it hard. To which you argued that there was no declaration of war - which again is bloody irrelevant because you don't need such for starting a war.

And fyi Germany had already made up a reason for attacking Poland the moment they invaded.

@Narf if you read my first post carefully, you'll see why a declaration of war is important: with WHO and WHY you are going to war.

Because Amidonia didnt declare war WITH the kingdom, they could justify their present as attacking the duke, hence "helping out" Souma. It does not help that a real battle happens on Amidonia's soil, and not the kingdom's soil - the kingdom attacked before Amidonia could give a reply.

Of course whether that lie pass depends on the up coming conference.

And to spoil you,
Amidonia got Van back because the Empire has a face to save.

So you see, it's fucking relevant to have strong, dominating allies. Because whatever the fuck you do can be justified.

Surely all of you gentlemen know what the mother's magic is. You stare at her magic once, and you'll forever have it in your mind.

Double-page supporter
@hayatekanzaki thank you for the spoiler (it's not sarcastic) Now I can see the bigger picture of the entire nations policy. And I like how the world building in this one manga (and how there's no cliche villain character)

And again just to confirm it's not a sarcasm..

Dex-chan lover
@Ainzell

Yeah, while there are no outright cliche mustache twirling villains so far. It makes up for it with interesting world building.

Like the dragons of the world for example:
There are two types. Dragons from western mythology. And the dragons from Chinese mythology. There are more of the former than the latter. Both can transform into a human-like form.

In the case of the Dragons that are based from western mythology. You find out that dragonnewts like Castor and Carla, are descendants of a dragon and a human. When a male human and a female dragon bear children. The child will either be one of three races: a human, a dragonnewt(human dragon hybrid), or a dragon. There is also a rule that if it is a dragon, it is usually taken back to be raised by other dragons instead of the parents.

Also, the dragon’s chosen partner’s gender causes the dragon to change. Like if the partner is a human woman for example, and the dragon is also female. The female dragon will gender change to male. This also changes what children they can bear as the result will only be human or dragonnewt. Since a human mother can’t give birth to a dragon child.

Double-page supporter
@hayatekanzaki ahhh I see, it's interesting... Can't wait to see those in the stories later..

btw what about the dragon from the eastern? Are they going to appear as much as the western one? And Dragon from the eastern are the one that's more like a flying snake right? They don't have wings? Did they fly using magic or something?sorry for having lots of questions ><

Dex-chan lover
@Ainzell

Yes, that’s the eastern mythology dragon I was referring to as that is more prominent in Chinese mythology. They don’t have wings either in the series and it might be relying on that mythology for them to fly.

One of Souma’s future wives, Naden, is the only confirmed eastern myth dragon. A ryuu as Souma refers to her as, which is a sort of word play on ryu(dragon). Since both are technically dragons.

It is assumed that Excel Walters, one of the Dukes of the Kingdom is possibly the same as she mentions she comes from a race of sea serpents. Maybe in next light volume that’s been translated that is slated to officially release on March 4th, that we might get some more answers. And maybe more characters that are ryuu.

Oh there’s also this one thing. Supposedly there’s this thing with dragons that they dislike anyone but their partner from riding them while in dragon form. But they have made weird exceptions such as if that partner has other partners like “the partner of my partner is okay” or something.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Ah, catch and release, then the fish came back, on its own, on a golden platter.

Double-page supporter
@hayatekanzaki
Owhhh thank you for your time answering my questions, oh also according to your last paragraph, eastern dragon would prefer their partner to have other partners then... that's weird ahahaha...

Anyway, thank you for your time, it's 4th March already, maybe I will try reading the light novel from the start myself to not bother you ^^

Dex-chan lover
@Ainzell
It's thanks to the world setting where polygamy is a thing. Also, I meant that both western and eastern dragons have that mentality with their thing with only allowing their partner ride them, but make the weird exception if another partner of their partner is involved. So far, there are only two dragons, Naden and another called Ruby who have this particular thing since their partners have other partners.

Users who are viewing this thread