Genkai Dungeon no Hanshoku Jijou - Ch. 22 - Training a Vampire

Dex-chan lover
Would you even call that reproducing, though? I've heard of making people their 'thralls' or 'kin', but I don't know if I'd call that a form of reproduction.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes another form of followers The Ramen kind. Still not as great a failure as Phoenix i guess whos treatrd like a hero lol

Dex-chan lover
I've never heard of bean counting as a weakness for vampires and the taken clothes one I think only appears in gag comics and doujins

Dex-chan lover
I've never heard of bean counting as a weakness for vampires and the taken clothes one I think only appears in gag comics and doujins
I've heard it many times but only in media related to Japanese and chines vampires; I'm guessing that its a cultural thing
Although here is something I found from a quick search if your interested.

'Lisa Savignano
Former Library Assistant at Ocean County Library (2000–2015)Author has 5.9K answers and 3.7M answer views1y
Vampires counting seeds and/or rice grains comes directly from folklore, mostly that in Europe. Some legends carry it even further and say vampires are also compelled to count holes in fishing nets. Strangely, this version only appeared along the coasts in Slavic countries…
In Europe, the seeds usually have to be millet and/or poppy seeds. In China, if a vampire came across a sack of rice, he or she would be compelled to count the rice grains. Very occasionally, it had to be mustard seeds. This seems to have disappeared from most modern vampire stories and mythology. Nobody is sure why.
But vampire myths and legends are usually very strange and/or contradictory. For every “Vampires can’t stand and/or are destroyed by sunlight”, there are stories of vampires working as laborers- all day. For every “Vampires are dead bodies only motivated by lust for blood”, there are stories of vampires returning to lie with their wives, who then get pregnant from them (These are children are where the legend of “Dhampirs” come from). Some vampires can actually eat food, but gain no nutrition from it.
Each folkloric vampire is its own animal, from the Alp to the Penanggalan of Malaysia. Each is slightly different, so if you are interested in a specific vampire of folklore, I suggest you look up that variety. And don’t forget the Jiang-Shih, or the Chinese Hopping Vampire.'

Thanks everyone at Cryminals Syndicate for the translation

Dex-chan lover
Genius. It's the perfect place to recruit new vampires too, noone would suspect the chef who is eating more garlic than you.

Dex-chan lover
hey! I'm also willing to travel far for a good ramen.
instant can be good if you dress it well but nothing beat the real thing!

Group Leader
can someone send the bonus illustration
Here's it on author's twitter link
FyFzWU9akAEzyFa.png

Also seems like this might be bonus for ch24 link
FznQrWoXgAAyUDz.png

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I've heard it many times but only in media related to Japanese and chines vampires; I'm guessing that its a cultural thing
Although here is something I found from a quick search if your interested.

'Lisa Savignano
Former Library Assistant at Ocean County Library (2000–2015)Author has 5.9K answers and 3.7M answer views1y
Vampires counting seeds and/or rice grains comes directly from folklore, mostly that in Europe. Some legends carry it even further and say vampires are also compelled to count holes in fishing nets. Strangely, this version only appeared along the coasts in Slavic countries…
In Europe, the seeds usually have to be millet and/or poppy seeds. In China, if a vampire came across a sack of rice, he or she would be compelled to count the rice grains. Very occasionally, it had to be mustard seeds. This seems to have disappeared from most modern vampire stories and mythology. Nobody is sure why.
But vampire myths and legends are usually very strange and/or contradictory. For every “Vampires can’t stand and/or are destroyed by sunlight”, there are stories of vampires working as laborers- all day. For every “Vampires are dead bodies only motivated by lust for blood”, there are stories of vampires returning to lie with their wives, who then get pregnant from them (These are children are where the legend of “Dhampirs” come from). Some vampires can actually eat food, but gain no nutrition from it.
Each folkloric vampire is its own animal, from the Alp to the Penanggalan of Malaysia. Each is slightly different, so if you are interested in a specific vampire of folklore, I suggest you look up that variety. And don’t forget the Jiang-Shih, or the Chinese Hopping Vampire.'

Thanks everyone at Cryminals Syndicate for the translation
isn't the Jiangshi closer to a zombie? The words are used to describe the modern rendition of the zombie as well.

Users who are viewing this thread