Genkai OL to Joshi Daisei ga 〇〇 Suru Hanashi - Ch. 10.1

Dex-chan lover
I'm a bit disappointed knowing she had bf before. Or is it translate mistake? Cause up to now it never showed she was interested in guys.

I'm a bit disappointed knowing she had bf before. Or is it translate mistake? Cause up to now it never showed she was interested in guys.
The Japanese says "いい人だし" which Im pretty sure just essentially just means "is a nice person" with no mention anywhere of gender, machine translators just usually default 人 (person) to man if there's no context. So no idea why the translator made it into a "he", given that for all we know she's lesbian and always has been it's far more likely that she's talking about women here.

Dex-chan lover
The Japanese says "いい人だし" which Im pretty sure just essentially just means "is a nice person" with no mention anywhere of gender, machine translators just usually default 人 (person) to man if there's no context. So no idea why the translator made it into a "he", given that for all we know she's lesbian and always has been it's far more likely that she's talking about women here.
Thank you for making it clear. I also have second thought after reading some comments.

Aggregator gang
Like vvise said, it was originally gender neutral, but I always thought the bath scene doubled as a "gay awakening" due to how strong her reaction was. Also the narrative of a lesbian having had meaningless relationships with men before falling for a woman and suddenly romance became important felt like a realistic one, though admittedly it might just be me looking into it too much. I can change it to be more ambiguous, to cover all my bases.

Dex-chan lover
Like vvise said, it was originally gender neutral, but I always thought the bath scene doubled as a "gay awakening" due to how strong her reaction was. Also the narrative of a lesbian having had meaningless relationships with men before falling for a woman and suddenly romance became important felt like a realistic one, though admittedly it might just be me looking into it too much. I can change it to be more ambiguous, to cover all my bases.
Yeah I also had that thought, and tbf it already appears a lot in yuri. That's why I said I was disappointed, not saying it unrealistic.

Btw, I mean I agreed with the "meaningless relationships" part. The "awakening" part though, not really makes sense to me, cause just last chapter, it vaguely showed that she hoped for a relationship with girls already in high school. And imo, there are many ways to say she is serious about Kana this time, why used something that is so vague and may make the series less wholesome.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
it vaguely showed that she hoped for a relationship with girls already in high school.
You could be right. I interpret it as she just questioning whether those girls actually liked her romantically or not, without necessarily wanting to get in a relationship with one. I ain't too sharp though so I might be wrong.

Dex-chan lover
You could be right. I interpret it as she just questioning whether those girls actually liked her romantically or not, without necessarily wanting to get in a relationship with one. I ain't too sharp though so I might be wrong.
That's why I said vaguely. Like it's up to everyone's interpretation. Though to me, if it was just questioning, I don't think she would hold that memory strongly like that. Another point I think is the friend. Like, Hitomi could mention Kana times before, but I believe it's the first time she talked about love between them. Then, don't you think the friend was oddly calm, if up to that point Hitomi only dated men? Shouldn't there be a bit of a reaction, instead of like she already knew Hitomi's reference. Of course it's just me reading too much lol, will be better if author makes everything clear later.

Users who are viewing this thread