Genkaigoe no Skill wa, Tenseisha ni Shika Atsukaenai - Over Limit Skill Holder - Ch. 20 - A young girls dawn and a fathers cold heart -4

Dex-chan lover
Both of these have been pointed out already, but: page 17 panel 2, bubble 1.5 (from the right) "despite" should be "despise". Page 13, panel 4 (counting from top and right to bottom and left), final text (ignoring her vertical response) he says "duke"; if he's referring to her father, the person he is speaking with, it's been established that the father is a count. If he is speaking about someone else, the sentence makes less sense.

@tekkenshu7 and @endo54 I said basically the same thing last chapter.

Dex-chan lover
"duke"; if he's referring to her father, the person he is speaking with, it's been established that the father is a count. If he is speaking about someone else, the sentence makes less sense.
I read the raws and the kanji used at that speech portion was (伯爵) 'hakushaku' (as its furigana also specifies) which is the japanese word for 'count or earl'.
Dunno why they translated it as Duke ('koushaku', has a distinct kanji)

Dex-chan lover
Just fyi, but sophistry is an english word. It did not really need a tl-note like "keikaku" does.

ps: keikaku means plan

edit: despise*
eh, as an ESL it really did helped me though
much rather have a tl note than having to Google it a bit (and miss "the flow" or whatever the word is) or worse just skip the word altogether and miss some contexts. not like the tl note is annoyingly big or anything like that.

IMO it's fine for some rare English words.

Dex-chan lover
Both of these have been pointed out already, but: page 17 panel 2, bubble 1.5 (from the right) "despite" should be "despise". Page 13, panel 4 (counting from top and right to bottom and left), final text (ignoring her vertical response) he says "duke"; if he's referring to her father, the person he is speaking with, it's been established that the father is a count. If he is speaking about someone else, the sentence makes less sense.

I seldom go to comment section so I didn't see it and if I went usually only read the first page

Dex-chan lover
I want Reiji to bust a Paradise Lost GBF style and just beam spam the whole army.

Thanks for the TL

Dex-chan lover
eh, as an ESL it really did helped me though
much rather have a tl note than having to Google it a bit (and miss "the flow" or whatever the word is) or worse just skip the word altogether and miss some contexts. not like the tl note is annoyingly big or anything like that.

IMO it's fine for some rare English words.
dunno what esl is, but I am guessing it's something like ESpanioL.

Either way, it's fine to add explanations for rare words yeah (though it should be done extremely sparingly imo to avoid breaking the flow for no good reason; mainly best done for only community-/industry-specific terms and really rare words), although sophistry is far from such a word. But I'll admit that my original comment was mostly a joke playing on the "keikaku means plan" meme :glee: spawned from how the note had somewhat annoyed me in how it suddenly broke me out of the flow due to its central position and large size requiring me to jump into the forums mid-chapter and vent for a little bit by making some bad meme/joke :p :wtf:

edit: googled, esl means electrostatic loudspeaker, apparently
edit2: oh, esl is "english second language". So I guess that includes me (and probably most people here at this time of day) :facepalm:Must admit I have never heard of EFL or ETL before.

Double-page supporter

Fixed. Thanks for pointing out the mistakes.

Dex-chan lover
Reiji took this decision waaay too rashly.
No, I think a quick reaction was best here. It was either stay under her Father's control or take the quickest opportunity to leave. He went with the later and made a clear cut from the count, making sure there is no way for him to control him. They are surrounded thanks to the other nobles acting quicker than he thought yes but let's be honest there is a snowball's chance in hell that will prevent his escape.

Dex-chan lover
Send army for the guy who killed the giant snake that said army could not even hope to kill truly intelligent

Dex-chan lover
admit I have never heard of EFL or ETL before.
disagree, I never really heard sophistry before, I almost read it as sophisticated lol

never heard of EFL too, people usually use EOP (English Only Peasant) since most people whose first language is English usually never bothered to learn about other language(s)

disagree, I never really heard sophistry before, I almost read it as sophisticated lol

never heard of EFL too, people usually use EOP (English Only Peasant) since most people whose first language is English usually never bothered to learn about other language(s)
i hear more of native-speakers, never EFL (if the F is meant as first), nor ETL (third language???)

No, I think a quick reaction was best here. It was either stay under her Father's control or take the quickest opportunity to leave. He went with the later and made a clear cut from the count, making sure there is no way for him to control him. They are surrounded thanks to the other nobles acting quicker than he thought yes but let's be honest there is a snowball's chance in hell that will prevent his escape.
Reiji really should've left when the both the count AND the Holy King (indirectly) let him run away, but he got sentimental with Eva (appropriately so)

Dex-chan lover
Send army for the guy who killed the giant snake that said army could not even hope to kill truly intelligent
Welp, no one ever said you had to be smart to be a Duke...
Not necessarily. Reniji wasn't the only one fighting the snake. True he did the majority of the damage amd the final blow, but he didn't fight alone.

OTOH there is also a vast difference between fighting one powerful monster, and fighting thousands of mediocre individuals. Not just because of the possibility of a death of a thousand papercuts, but also the horror and emotional trauma of having to kill so many people. Many of which many of which have no more desire to be there then he does.

Dex-chan lover
I seldom go to comment section so I didn't see it and if I went usually only read the first page
I wasn't trying to say that I said it first or anything. I believe I also either "liked" your post or "this"-ed it.
Sorry if I gave that impression, it was meant to be me pointing out that I agreed with you.

Users who are viewing this thread