Getting Shot on the Frying Pan - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Ham Hocks, Favela-Style

Dex-chan lover
This chapter got deep.
Small question, does Juntaro actually calls everyone she in his mind as part of the brainworms? It varies sometimes too and he uses he instead.

Last edited:
Group Leader
This chapter got deep.
Small question, does Juntaro actually calls everyone she in his mind as part of the brainworms? It varies sometimes too and he uses he instead.
This is me making a conscious decision with the narrative since in Japanese, narration dialogue boxes get really funky. Normally, they're from the perspective of Juntarou-sensei, the writer, looking back on the events that happened and giving his input and random fun facts. But sometimes, the tense changes and it's more like Juntaro, the protagonist, describing what's happening in the moment. Also where I've read so far, narration boxes are the only time where the script features pronouns—which Japanese rarely utilizes, let alone the explicitly gendered ones.

So I decided to split them up into two distinct "characters": Juntarou-sensei who is aware of the actual sex of all the people featured in the story and uses the appropriate pronouns and speaks in italicized all-caps, and Juntaro who has extreme brainrot and treats everyone like they're a girl and thinks in italicized normal case.

And since I'm doing all that, I wanted to lean into it a bit more by making everyone but Juntaro use the appropriate pronouns when necessary. Though there is that one time I made Rob call Juntaro a princess, but it matched the original script and he was ribbing on Juntaro anyway.

Dex-chan lover
This is me making a conscious decision with the narrative since in Japanese, narration dialogue boxes get really funky. Normally, they're from the perspective of Juntarou-sensei, the writer, looking back on the events that happened and giving his input and random fun facts. But sometimes, the tense changes and it's more like Juntaro, the protagonist, describing what's happening in the moment. Also where I've read so far, narration boxes are the only time where the script features pronouns—which Japanese rarely utilizes, let alone the explicitly gendered ones.

So I decided to split them up into two distinct "characters": Juntarou-sensei who is aware of the actual sex of all the people featured in the story and uses the appropriate pronouns and speaks in italicized all-caps, and Juntaro who has extreme brainrot and treats everyone like they're a girl and thinks in italicized normal case.

And since I'm doing all that, I wanted to lean into it a bit more by making everyone but Juntaro use the appropriate pronouns when necessary. Though there is that one time I made Rob call Juntaro a princess, but it matched the original script and he was ribbing on Juntaro anyway.
Gotcha. That's a pretty fun way to go about things.
Thanks for answering!

Users who are viewing this thread