Giant Killing - Vol. 36 Ch. 355

Dex-chan lover
My first thought was "so wait it's been ten years since a single team had a national player" but then I remembered that for a country on the level of Japan (fairly low), the national team will also consist of maybe half players who are natively Japanese but playing for international clubs.

Lo and behold, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_national_football_team#Recent_call-ups

akasaki can use that frustration on the u-22 qualies, build that rage and let the monster inside you loose and get them boy

It's been a long time since the last one on one between Tsubaki & Tatsumi. This will probably be a huge motivator for him during the national team match. I'm expecting a Giant Killing moment from him.

nice chapter! Can't wait for the chat between them now, like in the first chapters.

Thanks for the chapter!

Fed-Kun's army
Mhm so Tsubaki is the only chance ETU has to get a player in the squad for the Asia Cup. Difficult to predict how his trial's gonna go but Asia Cup is a big deal so I'd expect him to be involved.

Also @codetaku thanks for the link, never realized so many JP players are active in Europe -- knew only about Minamino, Kubo, and Yoshida

@codetaku It actually made me do some double checking because I was sure Midorikawa used to be a former Japan international too. And there's no way he's still playing if it was even further in the past than Tatsumi's debut, right? Turns out it actually was, if the English fanwiki is to be trusted the veteran GK had his debut in 1998, 4 years earlier than Tatsumi and they both
played during the (in-universe) 2002 World Cup
(spoiler tagging this just in case, because I'm not sure if it had actually came up in the manga yet).

I know Tatsumi retired early but it's still an interesting turn of events. It's a bit like if Buffon were to go to Napoli now and play under Gennaro Gattuso (though in this case it's Buffon playing way longer than normal, you're not that old yet, Koshi-san!)

Users who are viewing this thread