Gintama - Vol. 77 Ch. 699 - Gintoki and his Comrades

Dex-chan lover
you'd thought that by this time Gin-san would replace Lake Toya with a steel blade

Fed-Kun's army
Now all we need is a Naruto joke at the end of the story.

Gintoki: Stick around for Bintama.
Shinpachi: We aren'r dragging this out. We already had the Jump Giga stunt.
Gintoki to his kid: Sorry, but it looks like you won't get screen time, Bentoki.
Kagura: Bentoki? Were you hungry making that name, yes? Did the idea come at the convenience store, yes?
Gintoki: You're right? As Gintama, we gotta spin off our own name... AH! We'll shorten it to BOKK-! *kicked*
Tsukuyo: DON'T NAME OUR KID BONER!

Contributor
Elevator scene reminded me a bit of opening 10.
Curiously, that opening's somber, reflective mood fits the current chapter's events quite nicely.

Double-page supporter
i actually find the serious moments incredibly repetitive. i feel like i've watched this sequence events happen multiple times already, speeches and flashback panels included. you can tell Sorachi's been trying to end it multiple times lmao but the "Shouyo's disciples" thread just refuses to be wrapped!! don't get me wrong, there's a lot of serious moments i love. just saying haha i'm still enjoying the comedy immensely - holy shit that dragon ball bit

I got caught off guard by that Dragonball Joke. Seriously tho, when will Dragonball die?

And Takasugi got stabbed in the back AGAIN. How careless can this guy get? Also, I feel scared that even though Takasugi is supposedly dying, he also got a bit of Utsuro's blood in him like the Tendoshuu leaders, who we find out was actually being possessed by Utsuro through HIS blood. Sure, Oboro's blood/ash that Takasugi absorbed in himself had little healing effect left on it, but it's still Utsuro's blood y'know?

mfw Sorachi's pushing the Tae x GIn ship.

Users who are viewing this thread