Gintama - Vol. 77 Ch. 704.1 - Koujien Fanbook Ending

Dex-chan lover
"I guess a bastard is a bastard no matter how he tries to fight it"
"That's when I learnt not to trust Sorachi Bastard Hideaki"
Hahahahahaha I knew Gorilla must've pissed off a ton of people at JUMP.
"Oh did I go and do it again?" Declared like the strongest protagonist from a wish fulfillment novel.
This is gold
"Muttered Mr. I with no emotion in his eyes"
"It was a bastard lime that surpasses all bastard dom"
"A logic that exists only in the world of Sorachi I suppose"
"In order to convey that they were sick of waiting, they'd brought dry flowers to give to Mr. Sorachi"
"Uh no, there's no plan for a pachinko machine"
But it fits so perfectly! You wouldn't even be mad at losing money, it'd just feel like in character!
"Like if Makoto raised him and he just grew into some old dude nobody's ever met"
"Like, who the hell are you?"
Ahahaha, that's be classic Gintama, but I think people would be pissed about Takasugi's definite death.
"Oh shit, I'm finally gonna be killed" I thought you had hired a bouncer or something.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you Hi Wa Mata Noboru for all the work you put into these translations over the years. It really is appreciated! :D
Damn I'm going to miss Gintama and that damn Gorilla.

Dex-chan lover
"I think it's gonna take a bit longer after all"

"That's Sorachi san never compromising attitude; Muttered Mr.Ilooking into the distance with no emotion in his eyes. It was like this person's heart was dead"

I died with this and then the yellow flowers... Oh wow the odyssey to get the script was so incredible, I'm surprised they didn't actually tried to kill him for real.
That was amazing, thank you guys, this must have been super hard to translate +_+)

Good bye Gintama!

Dex-chan lover
I really admire the translator for this. This must have been shit tons of work to do. Anyway I cannot really imagine Gorilla-sensei becoming just another gear in normal society. I hope he manage to find some crazy shit to put out into serialization again.

Dex-chan lover
Well, that was a nice read. Sorachi why did you censor your face again? Anyways, the final pages of Ginpachi SenseI was unexpected but great, even Utsuro became a comedic character. God I love this series so much. Looking forward to your next work Mr. Gorilla.

Dex-chan lover
Dammit Gorilla, all I want to know is if Gintoki and Tsukuyo will ever shack it up.
Thats all I want.

Dex-chan lover
The thoughts behind delayed ending is good. It's like I see 'in the end, they are still human. They can do mistake'. I always imagined mangaka are always perfect, do everything in schedule like super human. This is Japan where strict is really strong after all.

I'm glad that we see a bit of the end of 'Ginpachi-sensei' It really sounds like it get closed to real ending.

...I mean there is still an anime and maybe there will be a bit extended..? Nah, I think that will be too farfetch (lol)
Oh, yeah. I heard there is a game too, right? I will look forward to that.

Now, that everything almost closed up. And Gintama will be legendary to do what they want. Even mangaka himself is still late from ending deadline.

It will be tale to be heard from now on.

Thank you to the scanlators for doing this massive job with the editors x Sorachi roundtable discussion. In some ways, I think I'm able to understand why Sorachi was the way he was and how the whole ending delay happened. My condolences to the editors, tho? Although it seems they were all able to get the final manuscript together at the end of the day, despite original plans were... lol, delayed.

But, also, wow at Sorachi for looking the reactions of fans (is it pretty common authors really do this? geez... I wouldn't have the heart to do it on purpose), because I do know for a fact (at least in the English netisphere) many people were pretty unhappy in how the whole thing unveiled (and I have seen lots of reactions/discourse about it... especially in regards to Takasugi). I don't think the finale would have been much different, though, and I think I share the feelings of otherwise happening being a bit lonely, as well. It's the kind of message that "even if this is the end, we will still be here", which fits pretty much on how the series was.

The Ginpachi ending fits pretty much well as an epilogue, lol, from the in-universe's POV.

Thank you, again, Hi Wa Mata Noboru, this was a nice treat (funnily enough, it's interesting that, even w/o the art book visuals, I knew at least 90% which color illustrations that the editors were talking about, lol? BUT GOSH, I want to own this thing...).

Fed-Kun's army
thank you so much for all your hard work translating gintama!!! truly it's a series for the ages, and very dear to my heart. thank you so much and i wish you all the best

"one vote for everyone being dead." lmao a Mood™️ shinpachi never change

through out the series, you will always get to see the author, the characters, the staff shitting each other. lol the beef & tea

Users who are viewing this thread