Girls' Frontline - Ch. 11 - Log. 011 Haze

It is amazing how good the artist is at adapting the story and world, and I really love the characterizations for the "lesser T-dolls".

Dex-chan lover
@Kampfarch They're kind of consolidating details earlier into the story that will be relevant later. Lots of Chekhov Guns, basically.

For example, this chapter shows off what GFL EN just got- The new, revamped operating base, built into a Ravine. Cool stuff.

@bramhistory Different mediums. While GFL has a good story for a mobile game, it's still a mobile game inspired by Kantai Collection, which means that storytelling and characterization for most dolls are going to be relatively limited. In exchange for that, you get gameplay and the chance to blow your paycheck on costumes. With a manga a lot more of the action is going to be talking, which means less focus on the battles but more fun character shenanigans and MICA team's great world building gets to shine through.

Double-page supporter
@pognut yeah my guess is that, but one reason why the story in the game is less engaging is because the commander's action and thoughts is not clearly written in the game. It usually using another characters to describe what the commander might say and do which is made the story became roundabout and a bit confusing at times. While in the manga Gentiane actively talk, scold, play and giving instructions to her dolls so we can finally think "hey the commander is alive!"

The recent halloween event mission is having the commander talk and giving his/her thought for the first time, and even though it's short I really enjoy the story especially when the commander chat with the sangvis. I hope Mica continue the trend and giving lines to the commander from now on, but I'm worried they won't.

Dex-chan lover
@noobchicken
I meant in this manga, I wouldn't want any of these commanders to die. I'm a CN player and I know full well which T-Dolls die in Singularity and beyond.

Dex-chan lover
@bramhistory If you like the commander in the recent Halloween event, then worry not, because the commander will get even better in future events.

Singularity is the start where MICA experiments with a "VN" style story telling, and then by Continuum Turbulence the commander is already a fully fledged character with Isomer being the peak chara dev for him imo. Starting in CT (iirc), you are also given dialogue choices for the commander.

The actual reason why the in-game story is so shit up to this point is because the first 6 chapters of the game were released when the game first launched. Those six chapters were basically just filler, the bones of a story with no meat on it.
Miharuya is doing an excellent job filling in the cracks, developing character, and streamlining the timeline. It’s always nice when the mangaka genuinely cares for the story he/she is adapting.

Dex-chan lover
Hey, Kalina changed skins, she's wearing that Griffin outfit with the round glasses now.

Right, I'm not the only one hearing Major Armstrong every time Kamolov appears, right?

Aaah, Walther PPK. For all the frustration when she non-stop cockblocks you from the rarer dolls, seeing her in this manga never gets old. Also, while I'm typing shit out, two typos in page 21, bottom left panel: Biggets (biggest), PMCS (PMSC, Private Military Security Company).

Of course Gentiane is a boss. What's more amusing is Shi Jun's reaction... and G36 backing him up. XD

LdvK5sp.jpg

Did I mention how much I love seeing PPK here? I LOVE seeing PPK here. Also, it's cool how we offhandedly get more exposition about exactly what the "civilian model' dolls we get entail- anything from dancers and...questionable enterprises to private security. Explains some of the more unusual outfits too (like Walther's).

Another great detail: Despite being a "supercommander" Gentiane got taken out by an explosion, just like anyone in her position could have been caught off-guard. She may be the player stand-in, but she's still a person, and a relatively frail girl rather than a russian bear at that.

The story is great one of the reason and the most important I play the game but it feel that everything's happen too really fast I think 3 boss are already done right know?

"The cream of the crop"
And you bring Franklin, who basically doesn't fight?
Like, that's okay, but I don't think they should put it like that the ceiling of what G&K commanders can do

Users who are viewing this thread