Girls' Frontline - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Log. 002 Snowfield

Well, they at least pair the character's skills, I know people would often ask why STG44 has a grenade launcher skill without her artwork having a grenade. SOPMOD also has a grenade skill (though her's is shorter AoE, higher damage than STG) and Scorpion is an incendiary grenade, thus all the fire. Too bad the AR grenade skills are either useless or very niche in game compared to DPS ARs like AR15 who shred everything before the grenade skill can hit. M16's in this weird pseudo tank roll too... =\

Dex-chan lover
For those who are wondering, the good T-dolls featured in this comic (besides the main cast of unique M-16 and M-4 variants) are Skorpion (good off-tank with nice grenade skill) and to a lesser extent STG-44, who is basically not great, but passable. PPSh-41 (Papasha) is not good at all, along with all the AR's that synergize with her, and the "upgrade" version of PPSh-43, Micro-Uzi also is not good. The AR's that go with PPSh-41 (and Micro-Uzi) are AK-47, L85A1, and G3. All of these Assault Rifles suck, although of them all L85A1 is the worst.

The early game is really easy, so don't get fooled by it into thinking that lesser teams are viable long run. By the later chapters, if you commit to a team of sucky T-dolls, you'll be hurting and really regretting it. One of the most popular newbie guides on Reddit says that any team will do and it's most important to get any team to level 100. That guide is WRONG. It was written back when the newest content like Chapter 7 and 5-N weren't out yet, and the harder events weren't coming down the pipeline.

You don't need top level min-maxed teams, but at least use dolls that are "Tier 2" or "Recommended" or at least even more general use friendly "Niche" dolls rather than ones which flat out suck. Also, until you get past the 30's or so, swapping in new T-dolls is easy due to EXP sims and Combat Reports, so don't believe that tidbit about just getting any random group to 100 ASAP. It's better to wait a little and get the right team to max or near-max level than rush to level up a group of weak, throwaway dolls you'll regret using.

I recommend 1 AR / SMG main Echelon and 1 RF / HG (with 1 SMG tank early on because HG's are terrible tanks until around level 80 ) backup Echelon to start with, and to work your way up from there. You don't need to worry about focusing seriously on a Machine Gun / Shotgun Echelon until you reach Chapter 6 or so. While it's certainly worth trying for 1 Shotgun roll a week in Heavy Production once you've unlocked Heavy Production, you won't NEED a MG / SG Echelon until you reach Chapter 5-N, the most challenging content in EN GFL at the time of this writing.

If you need more info, check out the Girls Frontline Reddit, which has links on the sidebar to almost every other resource you'll want / need. Google will also help a bit.

Dex-chan lover
They sure don't shy away at showing blown up bits of android body

AS Val also synergizes with PPsh and Uzi. It's fine it's fine it's fine, use the girls you want.

AS Val... the devs gave her REALLY bad stats (too much HP and evasion her DPS suffers). 9a91 is a similar kind of night AR who has better stat distribution for a similar rarity. The reason people keep wanting to use AS VAL, AK47, Papasha, and Uzi is because of their weird support tiles that go left/right instead of forward/back. Which either means you have ARs in the front exposed to enemy fire (which their stats and HP pool are not good for even though AS Val and AK47 have more than normal, its not enough to tank) or SMGs in the back (SMGs have better HP and Evasion for tanking) where you could have just put a character with better DPS stats and skills.

Bad Dolls in the game are largely due to the Dev's not really understanding their game's meta and leaving the characters to be forever misfits. If you compare a team of misfits with a meta team there is a very clear difference in performance. =\
One of the main factors that kill a character's usefulness is their skill, the longer it takes to activate the worse it generally is. Stats are then the next deciding factor followed with their supporting tiles that can buff other characters. (AS Val has a good skill, her tile placement is... weird but the tile buff itself is good, however her stats are irredeemable compared to her contemporaries.)

Lastly, unless someone wants to min-max to the degree they want to compete over the top 100 spots for ranking events they won't need to run the best possible squads (probably using duplicate characters), those events mostly come down to matching the right squad set-up to the enemy squad configuration. There are a lot of characters who are useable even though there are better alternatives.

Dex-chan lover
I always find its funny that only UZI got memetically bullied by fandom for her tile placements when, well, other Tdolls like PPSh41 and VAL also have same problematic tile.
The only reason i keep AS VAL and PPSH is because... idk, I just want all ruskie echelon back then.

Now waiting for KCCO goodness.

I love this already, id rather read this manga cuz i so happened to skip a majority of the in game story lol

if anyone wants to start adding MangaDex people in Game my Id is: 88832 lvl 80 name OrangeAlpha xD lmao

FYI. Welrod MkII, Spring Field, and Wa2000 are best raifus

Users who are viewing this thread