Girls of the Wild's

The author INTENTIONALLY ran this series into the ground because he could not handle actual constructive criticism on the story and I will never forgive him for that.

@vidopnir Source? If no source then stop making things up.

On Topic

Welp many chapters are missing. I'd recommend reading on some other site (mangalife using official english webtoon rips so go for that)
I don't really give full fledge opinion for any manga or webtoon that I read but for this one I feel like typing wall of text simply because I'm bored as fuck and I'm on vacation.

I really really enjoy the series as a whole, main character is very flawed but he has his reasons for doing things and from outside perspective it definitely makes you face palm, punch your monitor or throw your mobile for things he does but thats the point of his character, he's a 17 year old with too much bullshit going on and people want him to be this chad guy who never makes a mistakes, If anything he slowly overcomes those problems and become better person by the end. ITS A DRAMA and that's the problem. It started as action romance manga but it slowly become heavy drama focus, the "actions" tagline is entirely yeet'ed out of existence and second last "arc" if you even call it that, feel completely unnecessary and you could literally ignore whole thing and it still wouldn't change the characters or anything to the story. Its just there for the sake of having "actions" and that really annoyed the fuck out of it when those precious chapters could be used to flesh out Queen and Jaegu relationship even more. Author really couldn't decide if they wanted action or drama, I suppose they tried doing both and end up going nowhere.

Spoilers for ending, why I think its good and definitely not "bad" as many people claim it is
I really loved the ending and I personally think it did "fix" lot of issue with main character that made me hate him initially. Jaegu (mc) started as such generic cliche character that it almost feel like you've read this kind of background million times in other generic manga you come across. Its such a stupid background story that not even author gives a fuck explaining the story behind his mother, its just there for the sake of having some background so readers feel "sad" about him. He's a complete loser, who happily takes the beating as long as his family isn't harmed and when they do get in danger he can't even protect them properly without SOMEONE'S help and that is what really annoyed me the most. He's just another cog in the wheel for the story to flow from one scene to another, forced to do things that he really don't want to be part of. I really think daldal really sum up his character when they were on island that he's inadvertently "nice guy" and doesn't have selfish desire for himself, few instance when he does become selfish like telling queen's so called "future wannabe husband" that she sees him and even came over his home or him teasing his bully for being smaller than him, those were few instance he took control of his life and where he shines the most. It comes full circle when he finally does something what he really wants to do, even if it may harm other person's feeling further i.e hope that he doesn't get wrecked or rejected by Queen or the fact he's trying to get together with a woman who is way above his league when he's deliberately told by her grandfather in the past not to get involved with Queen too "personally" and honestly that's pretty beautiful and wholesome.
Do I think ending is rush? Absolutely. I wish I could see more from queen and jaegu as together but oh well something tell me higher ups just wanted to end the series quickly and author was forced to pull the plug. Whatever the reason is it at least didn't end up like some train wreck I've been reading for the few weeks.
Do I believe Daldal is better with Jaegu than Queen? Nah. I love Daldal as a character but I think her character suppose to be a reminder that sometimes no matter how hard you work for the things you want, you might never get those things in the end whether those things are love and affection from someone or silly little things you desire in life. All you can do just experience life and move on to next chapter of your life.

Would recommend highly if you're into romance and heavy drama first and action second. 8/10
Also fuck Jonathan and his shenanigans.

Dex-chan lover
Can someone spoil me on how it ends that people are hating on it so much?
Because of the bad reviews I probably will never read this...but I'm still a bit curious about what happened to garner such an intense reaction from the readers?

Just finished it after dropping it for a year. 5/10.
The beginning arcs are great. It's what hooked me.
The story basically switches genres after the beginning arcs. Don't read expecting this to be an action sports romance all the way to the end. By the end it's focused on drama romance, and not a great one imo. It isn't terrible but it doesn't suck outright.

I'll avoid spoilers here because I honestly already forgot the specifics of a kind of forgettable story. That said however, I am talking about the strucutre of the ending, and could be a potential spoiler to some. I do not go over specific events, but I basically explain what happens in vague terms. As such, I've marked spoilers!
The ending is VERY rushed. Like, MC and girl finally getting together in the last 1/2 of the final chapter rushed. The last 40 chapters are spent creating a distance between MC and girl, and then smashing that distance in the last chapter. By the time we finally see the two get together, it felt very fake. Like, wow I'm not even totally happy they got together. I wanted this, but I'm just kinda disappointed with what I got. It doesn't feel even remotely real considering how hard the story ways pushing to drive them apart.

great art but story it is more and more dumb, completed thrash at the end.

Dex-chan lover
Man, just seeing this manwha popup again and all I feel is anger. I have legit never been upset at an ending of any story until I read this.

For those curious as to why I personally hate it, major spoilers:
Throughout the whole manga you know that there’s a girl who the MC idolizes and likes, but the truth of the matter is that she is HARDLY ever in any actual involvement with the story other than as an idol/dream girl for the MC. But throughout this entire story there is one girl who has stood by his side and is just all around the better character, but the author decides fuck you guys and literally makes MC reject her so hard that it pushes her into the arms of some no name character introduced in the same chapter. Choi Dal Dal was done so fucking dirty in this story and she didn’t deserve it. I legit feel rage for her. Idc what others say, that was just unforgivable, stupid, and sad that the author killed his own story like that.

Users who are viewing this thread