GIRLS und PANZER - Ribbon no Musha - Vol. 14 Ch. 54 - Infiltrating the Ooarai Girls' Academy Ship (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
and you know what, that's kinda expected that they don't know how the fuck they clutched that. i mean, i don't even know how the fuck i clutched my WoT matches. i just try not to die too much. amazing how less ppl understand that concept sometimes.

lol the Pravda chibis got pressganged

@Wolvenworks Sometimes, luck is more important than skill, but some do say luck is a skill; just not something you learn.

Dex-chan lover
IMO, Ooarai managed to win this far because luck and their insane adaptability to match's situation.

Now if you asked me how they learn the latter... dunno. Perhaps its how each Ooarai's tank commanders practically able to seize their own initiative when needed. The variety of their tanks might helps too.

Dex-chan lover
There's an old saying, "Chance favors the prepared mind," to which I would add just one word: "somewhat". I think that, in a weird universe where Oarai had been facing another school in the finals than Kuromorimine, one whose tactics and practices Miho didn't know as intimately, the outcome might have been very different.

Dex-chan lover
goddamit @Lardagus

@xMirage i dunno. if anything, my luck is generally terrible...absolutely rubbish record on luck-based things so far. sometimes it's like on hard mode and you've basically used up all your luck by just...living.

Thank for the chapter . I was also sure to student council members was like demons until the pravda batttle .

@Wolvenworks The only luck I've got is in gacha games. I feel you brother. Life has been utter shit for me too, especially since the pandemic hit.

Dex-chan lover
As anyone who plays competitive sports or games knows. Luck is indeed a major factor in winning. However the kind of "luck" that is, is different from what people normally think of.

When you think of "being lucky", you often think of stuff like "if I hadn't sneezed, I wouldn't have stopped moving and the falling tree branch would have hit me". There's no control over it and it feels like if you "win" it had nothing to do with anything you could have done.

But actually the kind of luck relevant here is more like.....there's 100 opportunities in a given match. A lot of these are hidden or "locked"...you need to do something to unlock them. People train themselves in a game or sport so that they start to spot the hidden opportunities, or lay the ground work to unlock them. Good players and teams access a moderate number of these "opportunities"...and these start to become "known tactics". The average baseline of what you can access is known. Let's say it's about 40~50 out of the 100 things.

Every now and then...there's a team that goes one step further. They're highly adaptable, very instinctive, yet disciplined enough to make even the most cobbled together plan work largely smoothly. This team sees more of those hidden opportunities. Maybe 70~80 or even more. Then they have the guts to take them. And then they have the coherence to act on them properly. That is what Miho and Oorari are. That's luck because in the end the opportunities are just potentials and they're also not always there. But it takes a very special kind of team...and leader....to always find what's there and act on it.

In the end a team that is merely very well trained never goes beyond the 40~50. They're trained to lookout for only that much, and only act on that much. It's not wrong...this is how you manage to get especially large teams to work together smoothly, and do what they know how to do very well. In fact Oorai's method is complete anarchy, the downside is they approach even the simplest things in that ad-hoc manner (though they fixed a lot of this by the movie period)....it's not a stretch to say how they do things only works because of Miho's ability to organize and strategize on the spot.

Dex-chan lover
Luck is a congregation of variables and Oorai gathered a lot of them to make it work: I say it's all of the above.
Also the sheer amount of naturally talented people including three quarters of command tank crew and god hands of mechanics crew people forgetting for some reason.
@DLRevan Really motivated too...

Users who are viewing this thread