Given - Vol. 4 Ch. 20

Wow.
Effin' (almost) noncon - and a teengirl-style haircut.
I get it, but man. This shouldn't be too easy to overcome. >__>

Why is everyone suffering so much! Why am I suffering so much reading this! *crying"

Akihito is such a jerk, playing with Haruki’s feelings. Gosh, I hate him so much. This is not the progress I wanted to see. The least thing that Akihiko can do is apologising to Haruki. Like the least.
Anyway thank you for translating ❤️

Fortunately, I had bought volume 4 in my language so I already read the next chapter (though the translation sometimes differs, and I like it better in English) and my heart is slowly recovering. I don't know why, but I can't get mad at Akihito, even though I feel so sad for Haruki since he's my favourite character

hey i'm very late but in case someone comes here to cry over the beginning of the chapter, let me say: it's not nearly as bad in the original.

i don't want to criticize the translator at all (i'm so grateful for all the work!), but in such a charged scene and due to the small amount of space to express things in the panels, i think in the english it's easy to mistake haruki's repeated "no"s here as a plea to stop, when really he's saying "no" as a shorter "no way this is actually happening" - at least that is my guess as to what the translator must have meant to convey in english, because the original says "uso" = literally "lie;" an expression of disbelief. haruki is disbelieving, not begging for akihiko to stop.

it's still uncomfortable, it's still painful for both of them and i wish it didn't happen, but to be clear, in the japanese original, at no point does haruki actually say "no" and only once says "stop," at which point akihiko does stop; he did not just become a rapist. i think that's a really important distinction because both of these guys are my favorite characters and i would not want to think that akihiko is capable of something so horrible.

This is so sad... Why did Akihito have to do that to my sweet Haruki? He took advantage of his feelings... This isn't how I wanted their relationship to progress. And here I was, shipping them like a fangirl.

Dex-chan lover
that hurt like a bitch, and is relatable as all hell
relationships are messy and they can make you blind and selfish
but oh, the things we do to feel loved, to feel warm and safe and sane
we're all masochists in this game of chemicals we cannot see, and thoughts we may never hear
Haruki cutting his hair, almost like severing ties with his weak and indecisive self, is a painful sight
but it was necessary for him to grow, and for Akihito as well

Dex-chan lover
It's so sad because it's obvious he knew the entire time haruki liked him, and then he has to say the cruelest words to someone in love with him.

Fed-Kun's army
@mammerkorme that actually helps a lot so thank you for clearing that up. however im still going to continue to cry because this hurt too much. : )

Users who are viewing this thread