Given

CW: (attempted) sexual assault in Vol 4 Ch 20.

dude, the stuff after the anime (season 1) ends is heavy, it's the kind of story that's really good but it really doesn't make me feel good. i'm really interested in how the movie's gonna portray it

I think it's really good, but I do feel like it's getting slightly repetitive when it comes to certain points.
First of all, there are now three relationships where the more top-like person felt guilty for wanting to "corrupt/defile" the more bottom-like person. These really painful relationships give me a lot of feels, but it starts to feel disingenuous when all represented relationships have this same dynamic and feeling. Secondly, somehow there are now 3 incredibly unique and talented geniuses in the story? Yuki, Mafuyu, and of course Ugetsu. Plus it feels like Ritsuka, Akihiko, Shizu and Hiigara are demi-geniuses. It feels like a lot of people to be centered in the same small two cliques that have now merged. There's also the points of Ritsuka taking Yuki's spot in Hiiragi's band and Mafuyu and Ugetsu being so similar (also with the same relationships as Mafuyu already pointed out, Mafuyu&Yuki and Ugetsu&Akihiko), Mafuyu seemingly getting into a fight with Ritsuka over spending all his time with Hiiragi's band, although I have to admit I thought those were all good choices to make for the story, they felt real.

Beautiful.

If I had to use one word to describe this manga, I'd say beautiful. Because it truly is the embodiment of beauty, of love and of life. As I read through this manga, the intricacies and deepness of the relationships made me feel as if there was a gaping hole in my heart. There is just so much, so much passion, so much sadness, so much emotion that it almost feels as if I have only scratched the surface of this bottomless abyss. Everyone feels so profoundly, so genuinely and intensely that I've never read anything like it before. I've never been one to cry or to really sympathize with the characters in movies, novels, or mangas, but throughout certain points of Given, I felt as if wasn't just a story. Because the feelings were so authentic, so sincere, that I couldn't help but sob.

To those afraid or those hesitating to read this, let me tell you right now. You will not regret reading this. Rather you will regret that you didn't chance upon this sooner, that only until now have you immersed yourself in the stunning world of Given. Instead of feeling regret later, take a chance and may you feel all that can be felt.

@The_Crimson_Moon - I just want to say that I love your comment. You put into words exactly how I feel about Given. I've never come across any other story that's made me feel so strongly, to the point that it's difficult to describe how deeply it's been in my heart.

There are other wonderful drama and romance manga/stories out there that also deal with comparable themes, but none of them even come close to how real and powerful Given has been for me personally.

'I fell in love in one day in autumn' ... Aki means autumn
'An ordinary love story in certain spring'... Haru means spring

I first watch the anime in a wimp because the of the character design not knowing anything about it. Right After finishing the anime, I read the manga because I can't calm my overwhelmed feeling.
There's love, sorrow, guilt, passion, confidence. I don't know if I'm overreacting because I don't watch that much anime but my heart aches.

I definitely recommend watching the anime first before the manga because you have to hear mafuyu's song to get in the mood. Then read the manga to get it linked. It will be perfect if we can read yuki POV before he died. Even if he's dead I still think he is the essential part of the story.

Oh~ my gawd~ Add more to thiiiiiissssss~ pllllllsssss. I have neglected other manga for this one my emotions have D I E D I need it to have another chapterrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

given stans are just a diff breed honestly we wake up in the mornings and choose violence. like what are emotions?? i only know pain, sadness is the way of life #ethos

Users who are viewing this thread