Glass Wall - Ch. 10

So he's saying that she's only kind so that people will view her highly? And the FL on the other hand thinks that she was really being kind without any ulterior motives? Is that it?

@imtaciturn That's how I understoond it as well. And that she's only kind towards the lower class as long as it does not inconvenience her (see stepping on the coachman to not dirty her shoes).

I mean, I agree with him, but just venting your frustration has never worked with anyone, ever. He makes some very good points that she needed to hear, but the timing and word-choice was just cruel.

I read the raw chapters of this webtoon few months ago and I can say that it is getting better and better with time. This is one of my favorite webtoons. Prepare yourself for this story, you will not believe what will happen next 🤐

Fed-Kun's army
Shit progressed
Better realize sooner than later i guess(?)

I can't really see how "she's only kind so people think highly of her" considering that even in the necklace incident she defended the maid without the certainity it'd go her way and wouldn't most people reallistically also react in a similar manner upon seeing the jewel fall out when it did? Would they all be hypocrites for covering for someone near them?
I get the idea behind his whole rant, but it felt hypocritical in and of itself considering he's mad at her for defending the maid, mad at her for not selling her out and at the same time mad at the hypothetical of her selling the maid out? Overall I feel like his ideals are rather childish and not fully thought out as well.

I can see his points. It wasnt yesterday that she was born a noble lady so giving her jewelry to her maid in front of the governess or head maid will only result in the jewelry being taken away. Hes also pointing out that since she defended maid in front of so many people, would she still do the same if the gem rolled out in front of everyone. FL also cant be so numb to her surroundings that she wasnt aware of the maid getting beating since she was limping around so much (could have gotten a different maid to help her just saying). She didnt want her shoes to be dirty but instead dirtied a coachman knee. Didnt give anything a second thought. I think hes just more mad at the fact that shes putting up a saint front rather than just embracing for what she is.

I kinda agree with him. I was on her side until she asked the coachman to kneel so she can step on him, that was too much lmao.
Also im looking forward to this manhwa!

@Seasons1 it is actually linked on the main page of the webtoon here, but I can share it here for you , here- raws - , have fun :)

Oh and it is actually translated up to chapter 12 on the scanlation group's website

i rlly loved him pointing out all her flaws lmao and it’s telling that rather than listening to him or even trying to like properly explain herself she immediately jumps to "no i’m a good person" lol... on the other hand i do think you can be kind in selfish ways, it’s just hard to make that distinction usually. rn she’s soooo ignorant and blissfully unaware of her surroundings, i want her to get a reality check and see that the actions she takes that she doesn’t think matter all that much actually do have serious repercussions on the people around her

His points were good up until the maid stealing argument. Her defending the maid without knowing she stole is for show, so if the gem fell out then would she still defend her? Is there even a right answer to that? Oh, defend her in public and then punish her when they get back--but that's hypocritical right because then you're just "pretending" to be benevolent. Punish her in public and renounce her because she deserves it--that's just hypocritical too because you were kind/on the maid's side up until it wasn't beneficial to you. Turn a blind eye and don't punish her at all? Hypocrite, because you only care about your reputation and not the truth. There is no right answer. The maid was in the wrong in the first place for stealing. She should be punished. Whether or not that punishment is done in public...there is no right answer in his eyes.

@gwenyu on the contrary, there is a right answer to the maid question. Innocent until proven guilty. She was originally defending an "innocent" maid from being the first accused, what should have happened is to ask for the matter to be sorted out privately, in a room without prying eyes. Punishment should be dealt and apologies given, even if public shaming isn't necessary. Even if the investigation didn't happen at the party, as soon as she found out she should have taken ownership over the incident as the employer.

What made her actions hypocritical was that at the party she made it seem as if calling out the maid was wrong because she shouldn't be accused automatically due to her status - yet when the accused party really did commit wrong, she didn't feel the need to correct her wrong assumptions herself because it's not beneficial for her.

He was on her side up until that bit at the carriage where her face openly showed annoyance at this new problem popping up which could actually affect her.

I love the realism of this. Even the man is hypocritical because he’s also trying to deny his attraction to her and thats what makes him react more harshly to the FL. Well-defined flaws in the MCs is a sign of a good story.

@yannickq Oh. Well then. I would argue that it's kinda hard for her to know that consciously then, given the way she was raised. Much like the way I didn't know what the "right" answer is because I've never been in a position as "the responsible one"/employer/authority, I feel like her hypocrisy would be something subconsciously ingrained in her since birth...but ah well lol.

@gwenyu and you're exactly right! She acts that way because that's how she was raised - and that's precisely why he dislikes her and the rest of the gentry. Ingrained hypocrisy with no care to right wrongs.

I guess it can be likened to our own century's dislike of naive rich kids, albeit their problems are different from the problems that are shown here.

Although I agree with him on, well, everything, he has been very unfair and, honestly, quite distasteful. Much like Elisabeth in Pride and Prejudice, during Darcy's first confession. He knows fully well that she has never had any other education but that of a noble lady's, besides having been sheltered from the world while growing up and having had these 'hypocritical' values ingrained in her, yet it is as if he expects her to have the common sense and intelligence of your typical transmigrated 'vilainess'.

In any case, I hope this incident will wake up Liliana from this flowery dream of hers, because these flowers have grown thorns.

Users who are viewing this thread