Glass Wall

From the Raw, she seem to be a nice naive girl. The guy was cunning and manipulating, he approaching her with motives while she was falling for him. Her family seem to be in ruin around chapter 10 and that may be involved with his plan...

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

seems like he's not a good character at all....acting more like the villain right now. I wonder if he's going to redeem himself in the furtue

Group Leader
Yg orang indo, tolong dong terusin dari kakao indo aja kalo mau tl wkwkwk

2 chapters in and the story seems already twisted. I don't really understand what this manhwa is about but it's interesting. The female lead isn't as interesting as the ml and more naive than smart so meh

So, after skimming through an entire season, and reading 8 chapter, I'm hyped. This seems like a pretty legit Victorian story, and a heavy one at that. The fashion is on point, and the plot is quite unique. The execution seems great so far too.

Do not expect a cute story (it has its heartwarming moments tho). And first we are meant to deslike the FL. She is a superfluous and silly noblewoman, then she goes through a ton of shit (really a lot) and becomes an entirely different person. She suffers and matures. The ML also evolves a lot throughout the story, and seeing him flustered is the best.

That cover page is definitely a clickbait.

I like my manhwas with pretty and neat art, in addition to an intriguing plot. The art on this one is nowhere close to the cover page. The characters and details are not neatly drawn... to be honest the characters are ugly. That's my main hurdle with this, and the first 3 chapters are meh plot-wise. I think it was supposed to be intriguing, but it was just short on so many aspects. And the mini conflict on chapter 3 was something I'd expect out of a Chinese manhua, not a korean manhwa.

Not my cup of tea. I'd give it a 4.5/10.

Thank you @blueoddog, but I just want to know one more thing. Is the ML similar to the scum Emperor in Remarried Empress or Yialos from To Be You For Just One Day?

@Tinybird20 no, not at all. He is different in all aspects besides being (sort of) cunning and having dark hair. He is not a villain either, but more of an antagonist in the begining.

I am going to give this a 10/10.

For one simple reason. All the people who complain about the cover being clickbait, about the art not being pretty, about the story being Chinese-manhua quality (while never having read The Queen Season 1, Song of the Long March, Song of the Sky Pacers, Dreams of the Hidden Mountain, Ayeshah's Secret, Records of Various Thoughts and actually having no idea what a real Chinese manhua is and how it can send the best Japanese manga waltzing, let alone third-rate Korean mass-produced dollar webcomics) … are the same people who are going to read some of those ridiculous Korean webcomics where Crudessa is reborn in the body of a super-villain who tortured the perfect little white-lotus but actually green tea b*itch FL in a novel but then she becomes so kickass starting a chips-making company and the main lead, who has the personality of a tampon without its utility, becomes head over heels for her. I'll spear you the rest of the story. You've already read it. Millions of times.

For one, this thing is from Daum Webtoon, rather than Page Kakao (hopefully!). So the quality of writing is far and above whatever you would read in any of those mass-produced dollar webcomics. There is a reason a lot of the artists on Daum Webcomic have their contact information available for us to reach out to them. Whereas Page Kakao-featured artists like to keep as low a profile as possible. No one is proud to be a Chinese-factory worker making dollar-store goods. Page Kakao is just one expensive dollar store (with a few luxury items, granted). But artists need to eat too and garbage sells.

Are you going to experience an epiphany reading this? Nope. Are you going to be able to fully switch your brain off and fangirl off of Crudessa and Eugenius coming together to defeat some villainous baron who wants to overtake the country of Bulbonia Plagus? Nope. Is this better than the average webcomic you get off of Page Kakao? Heck yeah, like anything off of Daum Webtoon! Is the art beautiful? Yes, and doesn't look like it has been produced by the same printing machine as freakin' any other webcomic out there.

TLDR: Read it, it is better than anything off of Page Kakao. It isn't reinventing the wheel, but it sure as hell isn't about villainesses.

Had to mtl the spanish trans cause its so interesting lol. its not the isekai or reincarnation genre taking place in a historical era but a legit historical drama story similar to classic novels if you're into those.

like mentioned below, the comic art is a step down from the cover art because (naturally) more effort was done in the latter to entice readers. But raeliana also had worse art in the beginning (basic cell shading vs the recent ones which have good lighting and CG backgrounds) so im hoping this artist eventually earns more money to hire more assistants lol

I've read through the currently 8 available chapters and I think I'll be removing this from my list. Someone commented that the FL ends up going through a lot of stuff and becomes a better person, but at the moment not a single character is remotely likeable. Not the dumb noblewoman FL, ML, FL's father, the maids, the other nobles, no one. The plot is definitely interesting, but to me there's no point reading a story I'm not able to enjoy. I might come back to this in a few months and see how's it's developed, but until then 4/10.

Plot is relatively serious and quite a bit of commentary on social class and economic disparity. Reminds me of Elizabeth Gaskell’s work (similar to Jane Austen, but dealing more with the lower class and the industrial revolution). If you want a more serious historical manhwa then I think this might be for you.
Oh, the art for the comic is not at all similar to cover. But I think it’s still quite standard for a manhwa, and not too overtly flowery that it makes you cringe. Everyone in the story feels more real.

Thanks for translating, but just so disappointed that again, the actual art is no where close to the quality of the cover art. Do uploaders have any control over that? Or is the cover art by other artists usually the only ones available? Is this a common practice?

Double-page supporter
I'm only up to chapter 5 and I must say I'm intrigued. I'm on the lookout for stories like this actually and so far it's a good read. The art is okay though, it's not jarring that it's not perfectly similar to the cover art. I'd take this over any run-of-the-mill webtoon out there.

@MrMcPoopers I also read The Queen. It's utterly splendid art and good writing. I've wanted to dive into The Song of the Long March but I heard it won't be finished anymore so I never got into it. With that do you know other good manhua out there? The only other manhua I follow is Who is the Prey

Users who are viewing this thread