Global checkbox to hide all completely read manga throughout Mangadex

Hear me out.
I think it would be an interesting feature to have a global checkbox next to the change view button (the detailed/grid/list button),

where you could globabally hide manga you've read all chapters of. (making searchinch/browsing/follows page/MDList page easier to read through)

If too intrusive, it could also be auto disabled on "Follows:ALL" and "MDList:ALL" pages

Advantages for Mangadex:

* faster browsing through manga throughout the site --- since I don't have to always see the TON of manga I've already completely read
* finding out immidiately if manga got old special chapter translated --- since it would only show up when there's unread chapter added
* it would always remind me when I left some chapters unread/didn' notice the chapter release on any manga I'm reading --- since that manga would show up
* that would be really helpfull since there isn't a clear feature on the site that you have unread chapters aside from "Latest updates page",
* meaning that if you're reading older manga /
* manga that you didn't notice the release of a chapter off/
* manga gets unregular releases /
* you read manga on bi-weekly or once in a while,
* then you basically have to check for new chapters manually like a caveman or you'll inevitably just forget the manga even existed

Disadvantages for Mangadex:

* may be too intrusive
* then again the "Tag Filter" options on MDList also stay forever on until you turn them off --- this would actually be more visible that it's on, since it would be a checkbox
* may be difficult to implement if 2+ groups released same chapters
* although since the Chapter counter works on the site regardless of this, it might not be an issue

Dex-chan lover
@frykauf

The following are currently planned features:
[ul]
[*]The option to have unread chapters float to the top of the "latest updates" tab of the follows section (this will be on a page-by-page basis, so if you let something sit too long you'll have to go digging)
[*]The addition of cover thumbnails on the aforementioned tab, for people who didn't use that page because of difficulties with remembering things by title
[/ul]

This suggestion as proposed doesn't seem like it would be compatible with the upcoming rework of read chapter tracking

Users who are viewing this thread