Goblin Is Very Strong

Supporter
Is this still being updated? Seeing that the last upload was two months ago is worrying.

With how large Aki's Protection is, I wonder if she's going to figure out a way to share part of it with Wasabi by the end of the series, and maybe even Mimit.

I highly doubt it was dropped. Especially not if doki holds the same principle for manga as they do for anime.
I didn't ask, but I get the feeling ixlone was enjoying this one. It plays well with the "Totally not a lolicon™" tagline.
If he is a lolicon, every ch is great and ch15 was heaven.
If not, every chapter where goblin kills is great.
Its a win win!

What ch is the raw even on? Have there been any updates? If so, has another volume been released yet?

@firefish5000
You can read the raws here: https://lhscan.net/manga-goblin-is-very-strong-raw.html
the manga has already reached chapter 24,i tried to ask to ixlone if he planned to translate the new chapters and i didn't get any answer.

@TankBaleine
Thx, with that information, if they were waiting for a volume release (which it looks like they are), I would expect an update soon™️. (ch24 should be the end of vol 3, assuming 8 ch per volume)
@ixlone mentioned from the beginning his interest in doing volume scanlations on this manga, and has been updating old chapters to volume scans.
Doki mentioned before that chapter and digital releases are often lower quality than volume, and unlike anime, translating new versions of a manga is more time consuming, and readers more likely to read only the first version released. Thus, they would rather wait for higher quality volume release before translating so that readers read a higher quality manga.

This may not be true for entirely digitally published works that are becoming more and more popular nowadays, so I am not sure if it applies here it applies here. But, from memory, I believe either bochi or newgame was sniped at some point in time by people scanlatting chapter releases while doki was waiting for the volume release, and us doki followers got the privilege of reading a few posts complaining about it and explaining their views on the matter (@mogu's views stuck with me better than @ixlone, since @mogu was much more passionate in his explanations).

As Doki is well known for their infamous "We will never drop anything, ever!" but we will stall indefinitely with less than 1 staff member interested in continuing the work policy.... I am always skeptical about this stuff
honestly, while they say we should be reassured by that, its the least reassuring and least helpful policy a group could have imo. equivalent to just not telling us its dropped. This would be bad bc:
1) Followers are left refreshing the page everyday for a work that is effectively dropped.
2) Groups are left thinking a work is being worked on (which... will at least affect the decision of picking it up by the nicer ones)
3) It reduces the likelyhood of new groups appearing. How did doki appear, why do they have this policy in place? Its because a group admitted they don't plan on working on Haruka anymore (was great btw. Even better when I re-watched it after becoming more of an otoku)

Now, I would understand if their policy was just "we wont drop due to licensing", which is their actual practice, but not dropping due to having 0 people interested in doing a series is just lying about the drop status. You can always pick it back up if a new interest arises after all, but if there is no foreseeable future where you do work on something, just tell us by marking it appropriately as dropped. Seriously, @Holo, please release your group from this terrible policy! If you don't want to troll your followers, please tell them its dropped instead of leading them on with this seductive "yes, we're still working on it" speech! I know you had the best intentions when you made it but... I think by now the problems with it are clear, and the fact your group does not actually practice it is well pronounced.
Though, I'm being unnecessarily critical in an unrelated place. I am quite found of doki, but I have never understood that policy and I doubt I ever will. In fact, its just making less and less sense the longer it goes on. I'm pretty sure I posted various parts of the arguments I made here on the irc, doki comments, and maybe even forums at some point in time. But as I just accidentally saved the post with an @mention to Holo which was intended to just be a uname link, I figured I would compile them all here.

I wonder if those anime that were on hold for 2+yrs ~3-5 yrs ago were ever translated? I imagine they were picked up in a unenthusiastic translating rampage by now to remove older backlog entries, but it would be quite funny if they were still there.Doki has 2 works stalled 6+ years and counting. And most ongoing fansub projects are stalled 2+ years now. (I believe 11-14/15-17 "ongoing" projects were last updated 2016 or before. There are 3 projects that seem like they may actually be complete, but incorrectly marked as ongoing)
I don't really expect anything, of course, Doki slowly transitioned into being mostly a scanlation group, and now most of the staff are overseeing mangadex. And these "totally not dropped" series have been an ongoing joke in the community since near its beginning. But still, it would be nice if, one day, they finally admitted they dropped these things. Its not like there is much of a demand for them at this point anyways(other groups finished them long ago). Though, I guess I might re-watch if they decided to continue (If they do, I request a release in 2023, at the 10yr mark).

Side note, the only real @mention in this spoiler is not auto-converting to a [url] on post. It turns into a link, but the edit button brings it back up as an @mention without url tags. I hope it doesn't send a notify on every edit.
But I believe we are very safe here.

Miku best girl
Admin
I don't speak for the manga department (that's @ixlone ) but at least for the anime stuff, yeah it's wishful thinking that our backlog will ever get done at this point. Most staff have moved on with their lives...

Staff
Admin
@TankBaleine
@firefish5000

Mogu was busy. Some stuff had to take a back seat for a while and I don't generally do updates on series progress. I do, however, buy monthly copies and volumes of all our stuff ready for working on, so we have no intention of dropping anything on the manga side of things. The whole not dropping stuff is mostly just a meme at this point anyway.

We've already got the next Goblin ready though - will be out as soon as QC gets back to me.

Dex-chan lover
1519630439783.png

One of the few manga that makes me smile every time I see an update.

Goblin Is Very Cute.

Dex-chan lover
mangaka 's page :

https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=8545264 .

https://twitter.com/hopstep3 .

yay , thank you for start translating this great manga again .

greatest stories about goblins : goblin slayer , goblin is very strong , dungeon nursery .

but it is sad that dungeon nursery got axed , but trash like re:monster is still ongoing ?

Users who are viewing this thread