God of Cooking - Ch. 11

I don't know if I'd be satisfied with making 6/10 ranked dishes when presenting them for a competition. Hopefully things go well.

Dex-chan lover
@Guytsu

Considering the others were getting like 8-9/10, I agree. But this is the beginning of the manhua, really. I'm expecting him to lose eventually.

Double-page supporter
@guytsu it seems like even an 8/10 is a really good score, and we probably won't be seeing a 10/10 anytime soon. So in that kind of grade scaling, 6/10, while isn't the best, can still be considered pretty good in a more amateur competition like this.

Dex-chan lover
@Guytsu
although the dish rank individually is 6, the course ranked 7
since the dishes must complement with each other in order to be a good course
that is why we might see dishes rank 7 but as a course rank 6 since they don't suit each other (ex. ice cream and chinese chili salad does not complement )

Dex-chan lover
I'm starting to wonder, is it the grand master chef US, special Korean food edition or something ? Why are all the chef cooking asian food when only one of them is from there ?
@negilol @zyxaliath egg, milk, cheese and the like are vegetarian. You must be mistaking the term with "vegan" which is a lot more restrictive.

Thank you to the translator for making this title available in English. It's been quite enjoyable.
The part about the five pungent herbs is confusing me though. Those five plants are the ones specifically banned from use in temple cooking (by Buddha himself, no less). I believe that's why he's saying: it's already "temple inspired" rather than proper temple food.

Group Leader
@Doenyon it’s just the author being lazy, again. In the first competition iirc there were two white guys who presented steamed catfish and korean style sweet & sour catfish. Went back, to check since it’s been a while, actually thats all he showed! Lol deep-fried catfish (just a picture), Steamed catfish , tangsuyuk (s&s) catfish , and those darn catfish meatballs from the mc

Dex-chan lover
@Lexical Oh c'mon, Authors are never lazy, it must have a meaning, I must dig deeper ! (just kidding :D )

Group Leader
@Doenyon 🤣lol . but seriously that darn artist they hired. No offense to the dude but how did he even get hired for the gig if all of this is what he thinks good looking food should look like. 😅

Dex-chan lover
@Lexical just remember, it's not just an artist drawing very weird dishes and passing it as high cuisine. It's an entire team validating said artist's work before publishing it too.

Artist is ruining everything 😓
Not to mention they totally skipped some important parts in their breaks between games.

did...she...just....put a boiled egg on a vegetarian meal?...or is it fine?

Users who are viewing this thread